Slancy’s first Buck

Derkd9

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Lovely evening for a sit
I saw nothing
Slancy must have some sort of secret deer attractant up her sleeve or something, as she shot two deer tonight
First one she says she got a doe around 650pm
Then at 7:20pm she texts me think I got another one.
Okay I’m on my I respond..

When I get to her tree stand I see one arrow sticking out of the ground and a decent blood trail. She was super excited to run to the deer I slowed her down and talked her into following the blood as that’s very important. And is a good idea to practice even when you know where the deer went down.
So we follow the trail.. down the hill towards the gully.. uggh half way down the hill we find a dead deer…this turned out to be a fawn and not a doe.. no biggy still tasty meat you just don’t get a lot of it.
okay let’s go back up and show me where the other deer was you shot. So she shows me where no arrow no blood. Then she showed me where the deer ran to after the shot… down in the gully of course head that way still no blood.. go a bit further and little bit down the hill no blood.. i ways a away you could see the light from the arrow shining.. so I went to it and it’s the arrow covered in blood no bubbles but that’s okay.. I don’t see and blood trail
Before or after the arrow so I climb back out leaving the arrow there.
We go back to the barn and wait for my friend and get the side by side.. once he showed up it was about hour and 15 since the shot.
We head back out and go right to the arrow. And start searching for blood trail which we located fairly quick and started following.. it was very thin not much to work with follow for about 50 yards, then goes dry. We searched a bit eventually decided deer must not be dead.. let’s do a quick body search we know the area so headed towards the bedding area. About another 80 yards I see the eyes glowing..
I slowly approach to make sure the deer isn’t still alive. Once I determined it wasn’t alive I shout to them come I found the deer.. and Slancy this wasn’t a doe you shot!
Hahaha
She’s super pumped, what a great night!

95D7A645-843A-4579-B6CD-FFB62D5857E5.jpeg15349F8B-93DC-4F67-939C-DD97892586E9.jpeg

Lovely evening for a sit
I saw nothing
Slancy must have some sort of secret deer attractant up her sleeve or something, as she shot two deer tonight
First one she says she got a doe around 650pm
Then at 7:20pm she texts me think I got another one.
Okay I’m on my I respond..

When I get to her tree stand I see one arrow sticking out of the ground and a decent blood trail. She was super excited to run to the deer I slowed her down and talked her into following the blood as that’s very important. And is a good idea to practice even when you know where the deer went down.
So we follow the trail.. down the hill towards the gully.. uggh half way down the hill we find a dead deer…this turned out to be a fawn and not a doe.. no biggy still tasty meat you just don’t get a lot of it.
okay let’s go back up and show me where the other deer was you shot. So she shows me where no arrow no blood. Then she showed me where the deer ran to after the shot… down in the gully of course head that way still no blood.. go a bit further and little bit down the hill no blood.. i ways a away you could see the light from the arrow shining.. so I went to it and it’s the arrow covered in blood no bubbles but that’s okay.. I don’t see and blood trail
Before or after the arrow so I climb back out leaving the arrow there.
We go back to the barn and wait for my friend and get the side by side.. once he showed up it was about hour and 15 since the shot.
We head back out and go right to the arrow. And start searching for blood trail which we located fairly quick and started following.. it was very thin not much to work with follow for about 50 yards, then goes dry. We searched a bit eventually decided deer must not be dead.. let’s do a quick body search we know the area so headed towards the bedding area. About another 80 yards I see the eyes glowing..
I slowly approach to make sure the deer isn’t still alive. Once I determined it wasn’t alive I shout to them come I found the deer.. and Slancy this wasn’t a doe you shot!
Hahaha
She’s super pumped, what a great night!

View attachment 66984View attachment 66985
Great story and once again congratulations 👏

Not every day you get an archery double. I've only done it once in my life!
2 years ago I did it as well
20min apart
It’s pretty exciting! The died right next to each other.
She was ready to climb down and go get the first one
I told her sit tight still 33min left so cock your bow 29min later the buck come out! So good thing she did lol!

Nicely done! Did she clip the liver and the deer filled up instead of dribbling a path to follow? I’ve had that before with rifle. Snap shot at a moving buck in a narrow window. Wait… walk… no blood… F¥€K! Go 30 yards in direction it went, and it had flipped over a log, dead as a door nail.

She must be pretty stoked, congratulations!

Nicely done! Did she clip the liver and the deer filled up instead of dribbling a path to follow? I’ve had that before with rifle. Snap shot at a moving buck in a narrow window. Wait… walk… no blood… F¥€K! Go 30 yards in direction it went, and it had flipped over a log, dead as a door nail.

She must be pretty stoked, congratulations!
Arrow hit one lung and clipped an artery came out far back missed the liver tho, he bled out internally, got lucky for sure.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks