SLA Derby cancelled!

ERIEBUOY

Saturdays Strait Line Anglers Club Lake Erie Walleye Tournament out of Port Bruce has been CANCELLED. There is no scheduled make up date.

Just read this on Facebook........Bummer eh!

I have my boat docked at north Erie was filling it up getting ready for tomorrow they said canceled due to strong wind

The only job where you can be wrong 75% of the time and not get fired.

You and Chef still going out in the AM Joel? I am available Sunday, wind dependent! Tell Rocky we are taking his boat.

i txt him earlier...havent got a response yet....gonna head towards peacock in the morning regardless of the weather...i got some stuff to do there, givin my brother a ride home to niagara on sunday,,, if the wind is bearable, i may give her a go if brother is up to gettin onna boat...not sure if hes ever been on one,,,could create a monster..lol

if i hear from the chef....ill pass it along...lol

Last edited:
That's suck. They should tell us earlier than this. This is my first ever Wally
Tournament that I going to do.

LOL-I am showing winds NE10K:rolleyes::rolleyes:,THE GUY,S FROM bRUCE HAVE FISHED IN A LOT WORST:(-gone fishing,looks good to me:love:but what do I no:cool:-fished all day,was a little bumpy,an lost a few ,n a lot of knock offs,but still managed a few for supper:D

Last edited:
Slight onshore SW breeze here, even if it blows up there is enough time to fish for sure. Not calling for any winds today. I would have thought it really was up to the contestants to decide if they wanted to cancel unless there is a weather advisory or warning, that's different. When I posted last night I didn't check the reports, assumed calling for high winds warnings.

Last edited:
For those of us that choose not to join facebook can you give us the reason, if there is one, as to why it was cancelled. I was going to enter it. Makes me wonder about some tournaments like this Maitland Madness thing that is $250.00 entry fee, again on Facebook. Never heard of it as it's the first year. If I paid big bucks to enter and they cancel it what happens to my bread. Serves me right to get ripped if I send someone 250 and I have zero idea who it is. I can make up a very fancy website for cheap and start a company or organization. Heck I have a degree in law from Harvard and one in English lit from Cambridge. Cost me 20 bucks each. Facebook is free I think, I could reach many people there without spending penny one.

Makes me wonder too when I see posts like this. You need to think more highly of your fellow anglers. What happens to your bread you ask? It stays in your pocket because the tournament is cancelled..I have the utmost respect for the guys that take time to set up tournaments, there is so much time and effort involved all for the sake of fun. As if someone would pocket the cash......geeze

I got out to the boat on Sat morning at approx 4:45..... ghost town at the launch, was informed by one of the local charter guys that it was cancelled.... took a couple buddies out anyways, pretty bumpy out there, saw a couple of 17 and 18 foot boats and the guys looked like they were riding a bull at the rodeo... definitely not fish-able. Probably a good idea to postpone it... sometimes the lure of money makes people do things that probably shouldn't do... that might lead to some unfortunate accidents.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks