Single fisherman?

zxninja

I dont think I've ever been on a web site that has so many dating site advertising on it. I hope the profit is worth it. Just something I've noticed. Other than that, love the new layout.

Yeah, it's a bit much. I did block the PETA and gay dating ads long ago - seriously. All I can think is that there must be interest or they wouldn't be showing up so much.

Could be cookies tracking your internet history & sending you the adds that = your past history.;)

Probably picks up on key words like; big rod, lunkers, keepers, dinks, flashers, etc.,etc. or maybe fishermen have too much time and money on their hands ? mmmmmmmmm Will check on the waterfowl forum and see what "pops up" ?

Could be cookies tracking your internet history & sending you the adds that = your past history.;)
That's definitely part of the equation Woodsman. I've had a long-standing contract with Google whereby they provide the ads and pay me a cut of their advertising proceeds. That money helps funds the site and allows me to do things like pay for the recent upgrade. Google targets the ads you see based on what they know about you. With the new software, I think I'm showing one more ad on the list page than I did with the old forum software. Some of the position of the ads changed given the new site layout.

I here ya woodsman, but these ads are showing up on my phone when I hit the site...with no history of dating sites on my phone. IS it just me? Or are other members seeing them as well? It really doesn't bother me, actually some nice pictures in the ads. This is more an observation than anything else, or it can be looked upon as some insight into the ever changing social atmosphere of our society.....lol.

No I see them all the time too, and contrary to what Big Dave suggested to me privately, they aren't my favourite sites (although I've got nothing against the mature ladies). I'm guessing that through Google, those are the ads shown when no one bids more for the space, but that whole process is not something I can see.

On the Waterfowlers page there was a Silver Cupid website mmmmmmmm they're even targeting us old farts ! They must know how cold and lonely it gets in a duck blind ? LoL !

Prime example.
I came here to this site after visiting an other site. On that site I viewed a thread about a broken hot tub filter.
When I came here guess which add appeared at the top of the site. An add for hot tubs.

ROFLMAO....I don't get dating site ads....right now in the top right corner there is an ad for a site for women to tell their stories about their love lives with rich older men!!! I don't know what Google thinks I'm doing here, but that ain't it!!

As long as you do not see a pic of your wife showing up on an add lol (would tel me I am spending to much time on the water lol)

It's like my junk email filter, I don't ever recall looking to increase the size my penis but looky there, it's another ad for it!

Try downloading an extension such as adblock.I haven't seen an a single ad since I did it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks