silver bass question

wannabewalleye

just wanted to know are they good eating what do they taste like? and is there a limit on these fish thxs for all the info

good eating if you cook them right away , do not freeze them as I find they get mushy
try them you will like them

Definitely worth a try....cook them just like you would a perch or a walleye. I bet you will be surprised with how well they taste.

cut the little dark meat off in the very back and cook it like walleye! Yum

Just like many other fish, removing the dark meat/lateral line results in a much tastier fillet. Every silver I catch gets thrown in the box...

same here had some for supper last nite like they are saying take all the red meat of so you have nothing but white meat and mix in some perch fillets you wont tell whats what

No problem freezing silver bass. Do it the same as any other game fish. Place the fillets in a freezer bag, fill with water and freeze. When you thaw it, its the same as the day you
froze it. Nice way to fill the freezer for those long winters.

Glad to hear there is no limit on silver bass. I haven't tried cooking any yet but my offshore workers love it.

I know we can't sell fish but can we donate them to a food bank there are definitely enough of them to feed a country:hungry:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks