Shark in Lake Ontario?

I think these guys have a vivid imagination.:rolleyes: Looks like a big catfish to me also.

Hmmm, if you read past reports from MNR there was a male bull shark caught in the main shipping channel on the St. Lawrenece back in April 2013.
All indications would indicate that bull sharks can indeed thrive in fresh water anf travel huge distances. The pic and video sure look like a bull shark as well.
However the video/pic could be cropped so its impossible to tell. I thought a sturgeon, but its not. Giant catfish maybe. OR a bad April fools joke!

if you watch the vid when it's in slowmo just before it goes under you can see the pectoral fin
it dont look like a cats fin if it is the pectoral fin i'm seeing that is to big even
for a large cat fish and a cat fishes pectoral fin is rounded the pectoral fin on
this fish comes out to a point if it is a fin i am seeing i'm sure it is

Last edited:
A Bull's dorsal fine is slightly more than 1/2 way back on it's body. That's no shark. I wouldn't want to come upon it snorkelling though.

Now that porpoise explanation in the article above seems pretty spot on, very similar to the picture.
There is always the potential for something to have been released from a blackmarket seller/buyer as well.

I don't know if anyone remembers about the post once made here on the forum about 4-5 years ago, where someone openly asked the forum if anyone had considered "chumming" for fish in LPB.....I'll never forget that...the responses that came of it were just as hilarious. :) Anyone remember that post???

Some say giant catfish but I'm not so sure.

th

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks