See all my freinds that I met or brought here on Ontario Fishing Communuty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bassassin

It appears it has been made clear to me Stomp no longer welcomes me to participate here for some reason of which I really don't know, he has made me feel unwelcome via some recent communications. I will be on the Ontario Fishing Community.com, Old Ironmaker. See you later, it's really been a pleasure to participate and meet many of you via these threads as well as in person. If this thread isn't edited I really wouldn't be surprised because Stomp really is a class act. See ya.

This is a pretty sad and shocking development as you have been a long time member who has made many contributions here.

This should concern all of us as members, hopefully @stomp can clarify what has happened from his perspective.

Hmmm 2 am on Sunday morning hopfully it was captain Morgan talking
I seen the post about the 70 million and he just asked u to only put a link to the news and not to take the whole thing trying to keep this site going without alot of bs I truly hope u have a coffee and with a clear mind rethink leaving

@Bassassin
I didn't read the private messages obviously
But seems as tho you may have taken some things the wrong way.
If the posts you copied and pasted off the Internet were in a school report you could be expelled and charged for plagiarism.
@stomp being the site owner can get in shit for it
Only thing he asked you to do is copy and paste a link to the article rather then copying and pasting by the whole article in a thread as tho it was your original thought.
Had you re worded the article into your own words (paraphrase) and then site the source you would have been okay
(Old timers disease is not an excuse doesn't get you out of trouble with the law)
I think I speak for most people on this site and don't wish to see you go hopefully you can put some clear thought into your decision and take a few moments to read up on plagiarism and copyright infringement

What is unwelcome here is the posting of copyrighted content that is cut from other sources and pasted verbatim into threads. I pointed out to @Bassassin that this is contrary to the forum terms and rules. The resulting private communication back and forth between us didn't go well.

PM's are private so of course we have no idea what actually was said between you both but thanks for at least giving us some insight.

Howbeit this is still quite an unfortunate turn of events given the fact @Bassassin usually has much thicker skin taking criticism. I also hope he rethinks his decision as I know he loved being part of this forum which was obvious to everyone.

Wow! This is an unpleasant surprise. After reading this, I see there are some serious issues which need to be resolved and if pursued,could lead to some negative results. Stomp sets the rules and terms with regards to membership to this site for ethical and legal reasons, understandably so. We all agreed to these terms and rules upon membership acceptance. I made mention on previous occasions that our members are...passionate...we are also human and we error in judgement at times. Bassassin, I have read and enjoyed your posts for some time, agreed and disagreed at times however we are all entitled to our own opinion and hold a high value on your input. Your pm's with stomp are just that...private messages. It is not my business nor do I want to make it my business. However, yourself and stomp are highly respected and intelligent individuals and I truly hope you can both resolve this issue, work things out and maintain your membership here on 68.

Too bad we are not all distracted by the amazing fishing season we had this year, lol maybe then we wouldn't be having a henfest.

Captain Morgan and I go way back, we always get into trouble together... Anyways

I'm not super active on here but I do enjoy reading all the posts from all the regulars. Just kiss and make up like a married couple- you don't really need to mean it, just gets it over with. Then try to remember the copyright thing, I didn't even know that was an issue fur the board. If anything it's a good reminder for the rest of us. Have a great day gentlemen

Wow check your feelings at the door buddy, you were a little rude to me bassassasin in a past post but my god I dont care, your entitled to your opinion but rules is rules.

Wow check your feelings at the door buddy, you were a little rude to me bassassasin in a past post but my god I dont care, your entitled to your opinion but rules is rules.

REALLY! YOU"RE GONNA KICK A GUY WHEN HE'S DOWN?

If you think someone has been " a little rude" or offended you, say so at the time.
This is more than "a little rude". Nor is this the time!
There are friendships at stake here.
Rick.

Last edited:
Dropshot, one thing I have learned over several decades is..."friendships are thicker then memberships". I hope stomp and bassassin don't loose sight of this and wish both gentlemen a speedy resolution...enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back