Sea Foam

Remember one thing about Seafoam- It's more of a Cleaner- NOT a fuel-stabilizer! Do not use it for long-term storage. It has alcohol in it and this just adds more fuel to the fire! With the increasing amounts of Ethanol in our higher-octane fuels Seafoam does squat to combat Ethanol. All your doing is adding more Alcohol to the Alcohol in the Ethanol/ Blended fuels. Not good! Look up the MSDS- Sheets for Seafoam and you shall see. If I may suggest- using Stabil- Marine Fuel Stabilizer for all your marine engines and especially for Long-Term storage. Hope this helps.
Star Tron Marine is the way to eliminate ethanol problems. I have used it since 2010. Never a starting problem on my outboards, lawn mower or garden tractor. First or second pull every spring. DF115 Suzuki fires very spring with one turn of the ignition key. 10ml treats 20 litres of gasoline put in the tank. Put in a double dose when it comes to winterizing. You will not regret it.

Thanks @Cannonball . I've heard nothing but good things regarding Star Tron. Does it ever go on sale at Canadian Tire or any place else. About $20 at Can Tire for a 16oz bottle.
I have not monitored sale prices for Star Tron at CTC. I have seen the standard price there. If I needed a bottle I would get it there because the big benefits for are me are worth it. I have also seen it at Proctor Marine at a comparable price.

@walleyeman and @Cannonball . Thanks guys for the comments. Good suggestion @Cannonball about it being available at Proctor Marine. I can't say enough good about Proctor Marine so I will check there first when I buy my next bottle. I'm sure they'd be happy to price match as well.

Hi Brian. Just remember- When storing your boat/engines over winter- Don't worry about adding too much Startron Stabilizer to your fuel. It will just burn off anyways! Make sure it's fresh gas also- then run your engine for like- 20mins to circulate the product into your injectors/ carbs. Good to go from here! Good luck my friend and happy boating.

Hi Brian. Just remember- When storing your boat/engines over winter- Don't worry about adding too much Startron Stabilizer to your fuel. It will just burn off anyways! Make sure it's fresh gas also- then run your engine for like- 20mins to circulate the product into your injectors/ carbs. Good to go from here! Good luck my friend and happy boating.
No matter how much fuel is in my tank at the end or beginning of a new season my tank gets drained at the beginning of the season and dispersed between my pick up and the wife's SUV and the season is started with new fuel as well as new lines to my outboard and new filters for the small added cost. primer bulbs gets replaced regardless every 2 seasons 3 at the most. Never had old fuel or old line issues to date. Just my routine..I add half a can of Seafoam to every 2nd tank through the season as well.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks