Sea doo fish pro.

Rubicon

Ok. Ive been fishing lake Erie for 20 years. iI live in trenton so dragging the big boat is getting costly. So tomorrow im trying something new. Launching out of Burwell on the new seadoo. Fish pro.
Ill let you know how I make out.

Attachments

• 238C130D-9607-4319-814D-FE2948112B61.jpeg
    238C130D-9607-4319-814D-FE2948112B61.jpeg
    354.7 KB · Views: 182
Neat toy. I ve seen many times a guy jig for whities at Willow Beach on Simcoe from a Seadoo late 90s, He was using a wooden jigging stick and was getting fish too.
Can it go 3mph hands free relatively straight for some substantial time frame? Theres no electric trolling motor with i-pilot option really.

Good luck
How slow and straight do these things troll?
Ill let you know.after tomorrow. I had it out on lake O the other day dragging dipsys.it slowed to 2 mph on cruise control. cruise control is trolling throttle from 1-10. You set it and it maintains that speed. So i will get more intel tomorrow. As for steering we will see how it goes.

Ive also simplified all my set ups to make trolling easier tomorrow. Simplified as much as i can anyway.

Ok. Got my limit. I was on tbe water at 8 am. Done by 10:30.
sea doo. Ran great. Getting out in 1fters to 1-1/2 footers no problem.
……but. First. I lost my net.
Second. I wanted to stay clipped into the man overboard switch. Bit every time i had to do stuff with lures this became a problem.
So. Switching lures was not easy. using down rigger. Didn't even try it. I ran two dipsies the whole time. Im thinking next time i will go with 2 leadcore out the back.
simply to make things easier.
sorry no pics. I had my hands quite full.
steering while hooked up was also dificult.
Some sort of stabilizer will be needed in the future.

The run back in was fun. Lots of boats racing for the dock. I had one centre console that seemed to want to race. I let him hang in for about 6 minutes at half throttle. As we neared the pier i gave it 3/4 throttle.At that point the centre console was left in the dust. I am really amazed at how fast this thing goes even in waves up to a foot. Even 1-1/2ft. At 3/4 throttle the machine does 75 klm / hr.

Theres a bracelet style wireless killswitch sold by Rytek marine for boats. Maybe it can be adapted for that Seadoo?

Awesome you caught your limit. Maybe when fishing is good go down to one rod and just sit there while reeling it in.

Ok. Got my limit. I was on tbe water at 8 am. Done by 10:30.
sea doo. Ran great. Getting out in 1fters to 1-1/2 footers no problem.
……but. First. I lost my net.
Second. I wanted to stay clipped into the man overboard switch. Bit every time i had to do stuff with lures this became a problem.
So. Switching lures was not easy. using down rigger. Didn't even try it. I ran two dipsies the whole time. Im thinking next time i will go with 2 leadcore out the back.
simply to make things easier.
sorry no pics. I had my hands quite full.
steering while hooked up was also dificult.
Some sort of stabilizer will be needed in the future.
I use this https://ca.binnacle.com/p13194/Fell...n-Overboard-System-Basepack/product_info.html MOB system for my kicker now and have a splitter that will do the main engine at the same, just need to install it. I am sure that it will work for your seadoo as well. The manufacturer is very helpful if you run into trouble. If you call you will actually speak to a human. Binnacle is on the east coast but they have free delivery. I have purchased a bunch from them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks