Scummy road hunter's, best think twice??

can't miss

Last post raised some chatter, lets see how this goes???
I've hunted southern ont. for about the last 40yrs, pretty much all species available down here, it's been a great go.
As age has crept in, mostly only deer season anymore. I recall when the black powder/shot gun season's first started, and so did the scummy road hunter's, and trespassing.
We hunted the home farm, 160 acres of Carolinian land/forest, fenced, signed, generally well marked to stay out. I have be a part of screaming match's, fences being cut, authority's being called, shoving match's and fist fight's. This all being done by people with gun's and knife's? All over that deer, the mentality is just wrong, bought that tag, fill it at any cost?
As hunter's, we all bare the cost? No Hunting Sign's, never blame the land owner for not being allowed in, chances are the OPP or Ministry were called to a land owner's property for some reason, some time? Us that live in the rural, don't need this, don't like it, easy fix, just stay out!
Want to see this rant play out, watch the last Saturday of the Dec hunt, I know it will happen, seen it for to long now, scumm road hunter's, morning and dusk driving the back road's, dropping deer driver's off to push deer into next bush, shooting from the road, bad mouthing the land owner's and hunter's that don't have permission.
We all play a part here, don't take part if it's wrong, and if you do, I'm not that old, come here and we'll be chatting?
I won't ID were I live, but if you trespass here, I'll do all I can to get you busted, $$$

Wow, not sure how to take that?
No, it was my own farm grown egg's, and bacon, that's how we do it here, hope that dosen't make's your captin crunch go soggy??
If I'm taking your reply correctly, all I can say, proves my point?

Wow, not sure how to take that?
No, it was my own farm grown egg's, and bacon, that's how we do it here, hope that dosen't make's your captin crunch go soggy??
If I'm taking your reply correctly, all I can say, proves my point?
I agree with you a hundred percent seen it as well even when you kick some of these people out they are still trying to sneak in the only way they get the hint is to get the law involved it is just sick how bold or stupid some people are

sounds like you have some bad eggs....

Just what we need, another person in this world complaining about something...

Let's keep this page about hunting and not your personal issues

Are NCC lands public access to hunt. I thought they were a yuppie conservation group that doesn't like hunters.

Answer:
NCC recognizes the important role hunters play in maintaining the healthy balance of wildlife populations in settled landscapes. In the fall of 2011, NCC opened several Norfolk County properties to hunting through an application and permission letter system. Public response has been very positive.

Anyone successfully been given permission.

I was being sarcastic. But I do know a couple guys who did get permission. What I don't understand is land owners who hunt but don't let others on there land. My father always let people on when I was a kid. He just wanted people to ask, and pick up there she'll casings. I know liability is an issue now, but come on you don't own wild animals. And if the crops are off why not share? We as hunters need to share our resources and get along. If we can't get along with each other how can we expect the yuppies to respect us?

I have hunted Long Point all my life but live and work in a big city. I get permission to hunt certain properties ( exclusively ) and have also hunted NCC properties. I have had run ins with certain residents of the locale that came tromping through the bush I or my crew were in. Needless to say an unsafe condition in the making when they are blasting away at anything that moves !

I have stopped hunting with certain people after learning they performed the act in question. I try to leave nothing but bootprints and a warm gutpile behind in the woods and I get pissed when I see piles of garbage dumped just inside the entrance to the woods ! Again certain people who are ignorant in regards to private property.

Are they the ones that have installed the gates and fencing in and around most of the surrounding area of long point areas near by.

Yes they are an evil corporation that tries to pass then selves off as a charity. Through control of this charity Westons control vast somes of Canadian farm land (against the mandate of ncc) and can thus manipulate prices on food for Lablas Corp.
They also hollow out the local tax base by tearing down all buildings on their lands and destroying historic structures, like the old school house on the 2nd con. They litter the county with gates and limit access to places that used to be open.

Yes they are an evil corporation that tries to pass then selves off as a charity. Through control of this charity Westons control vast somes of Canadian farm land (against the mandate of ncc) and can thus manipulate prices on food for Lablas Corp.
They also hollow out the local tax base by tearing down all buildings on their lands and destroying historic structures, like the old school house on the 2nd con. They litter the county with gates and limit access to places that used to be open.

Limited access? A whopping 3 out of 30 properties they own in Norfolk have zero access.

The NCC buys land to prevent it from being developed into farmland or residential surveys and as hunters we should strongly support any and every organization that does this for us. You'll hear a strong opposition from farmers as they dislike the NCC for buying up land the farmers could have cleared and turned into farmland.

Out of the 33 properties the NCC owns in Norfolk:

-25 are open for hunting
-5 are open for anything but hunting/shooting
-3 have no access at all

I can't believe I am actually hearing negativity from hunters about an organization whose goal is to keep land open for hunting.

No opposition on my side for the NCC, I have had permission to hunt the properties since they started...The trees and grasslands they plant make excellent habitat for the game animals.

The advertised mandate for NCC is to preserve forests and wetland. How is destroying good farm and tearing down historic building, to avoid paying the property tax, fulfill that mandate? I have no problem with preserving forests. I don't complain about St. Williams crown forest, or Bacus mill, or lprca. I have issue with destroying homes, barns and good farm land. There are people starving due to a global food crisis, and the ncc is planting weeds on thousands of acres of good farm land. Let westons plant golden rod on their millions of acres south of the border, first.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks