Scope info

can't miss

A few yrs back we had a break in, electronics, jewelry, my gun's. Bastards
Long story short, wasn't going to replace my powder gun, were I live now is S.G. And to be honest, was never really a BP fan, just was what we were allowed in the zone I came up in. No disrespect to powder hunter's, group I hunt with are BP fanatics.
After a few yrs of being called a couch hunter, I picked up a used TC with a Bush. red dot, and every few yrs challenge their he man gully hunting.
Question? Gun shoots fine, I hunt tight hardwoods, shots usually 50-ish. Low light can't see shit threw scope? Dot is fine, the rest of the lens is to dark, yes I know my eye's are old, but it's almost like it has a filter or something? Checked on line many places, can't find anything? Being used, can scopes grow old? is there a filter I'm missing, something else?
I use it 3 days every 3 yrs, if that, I'd go with the iron's, but old eye's like the dot .

Some red dots have a tint on the front lens which may be the case here. You could replace it with a nice UTG for around $100. or get a Bushnell TRS25 which will be a little more. Also in low light the red dot could make the rest of the view look dark. Does it have a variable setting or is it just "on"? TC

sorry to hear about the thieves ripping you off for your property..especially your firearms

ya most of us controlled deer hunters that hunt the WMU 92s were brought up shootin muzzleloaders ..mounting a scope on muzzleloader sure helps with precision shootin..I have a leopold muzzleloader slam scope 3 X 9 on my bone collector. I shoot at the range at 200 yards...the slam scopes have been around for a long time...you can read the reviews...if your looking for an illuminated scope you could look at the trijicon scopes on there website...you can keep it off and turn it on when needed...

They do sell a red dot scope now with a low power magnification
That mite help bring in light and help the old eyes lol

Some red dots have a tint on the front lens which may be the case here. You could replace it with a nice UTG for around $100. or get a Bushnell TRS25 which will be a little more. Also in low light the red dot could make the rest of the view look dark. Does it have a variable setting or is it just "on"? TC
Sorry to bud in on this but was just wondering tc . Do you do the fall turkey hunt and if so , are you going this year ? Shoot me a pm . Thanks Magnum

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks