Fishing Report Saturday 28th Port Bruce

Caseys Dream

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Late report but...

Made it out to Port Bruce Saturday around 1130 ish, guys coming off the lake were all saying she was a bit wavy out there, and they were right. Made it out to 58 FOW as I really wanted to test a new prop on the boat, (excellent BTW) and thought she was pretty rough but since we made it that far, let's put out a line or two. Started with a 10 colour lead with spoon, caught a tiny pic, let it go.

It was about as rough as I can stand, was getting a little sick so we just kept it simple and I stayed looking back at horizon. But weather man said winds would back off a bit so we persevered.

After maybe 15 minutes later, managed to put a single dipsey. Then maybe 30 minutes after that a single rigger. Lots of fish on screen, managed 6 pics to take home with one little guy that really wanted to come home with us due to gills bleeding out.

Lead was changed out to a 5 color later in afternoon with a 10 foot diving Live Target smelt body bait, ended up catching most. Rigger had one that was dragged, dipsey had to be set so tight it was dragging a fish too.

A couple of sheep to make the leadcore exciting.

A good day out, happy we kept at it.fish2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good report, was always bumpy or a little when we went this season.
That horizon trick really works when someone wants to call Ralf :)

Our boat is a cuddy cabin where all the tackle is. It's not a great place to be for me when rocking and rolling. I should have known better as I was a "chummer" a few years back after going down to cabin to get something, made it halfway to gunnel before the ejection. Not cool, puking on one's own boat. Was a first for me after decades of boating...true what they say, getting old sucks.

Didn't think it was that bad Saturday, went down to get a lure change and just 30 seconds of enclosure down there started the process of spewage. Didn't actually spew...held my lunch down but it was touch and go for an hour at least. Maybe should have just let 'er go and be done with it, lunch wasn't that good anyway and the sheephead needed feeding.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks