Sat Maitland Report

Fish Farmer

Went back to the same spot and they were still there waiting. Lots of boats out and I think everyone was catching on such a great day weather wise. Man, the bugs out there were brutal.

I think we had one Rainbow on because it hit and screamed my reel and came off.

Excellent catch Fish Farmer. Do you have to venture far off shore at that end of the lake? Are there any campgrounds with boat slips in this area?

Great fishing again Fish Farmer and love the pic of the pics. That end of the lake has been very good this year while here in Bruce and Stanley it's been a really off season. Hoping September will make up for it. :)

Excellent catch Fish Farmer. Do you have to venture far off shore at that end of the lake? Are there any campgrounds with boat slips in this area?
It's about 5to6 miles out where were fishing, we stay in an area that I have marked on my GPS. Were not marking lots but the fish are there.We circle an area that goes 78 to 85 FOW.
As for camping with boat slips, I don't think there is any, There is camping places though, Bing, Rock Pt.,etc. I think Mike will fix you up at Mohawk Marine in Lowbanks to set a tent, he is on the water, plus has great food at The Hippo, I'd call first.

Great fishing again Fish Farmer and love the pic of the pics. That end of the lake has been very good this year while here in Bruce and Stanley it's been a really off season. Hoping September will make up for it. :)
It has been good for us the last few weeks, If I lived closer to your area, I'd be fishing there, Perch reports from your area has been great especially port Burwell to Hastings.. Port Maitland is closer for us in the Hamilton area.

It has been good for us the last few weeks, If I lived closer to your area, I'd be fishing there, Perch reports from your area has been great especially port Burwell to Hastings.. Port Maitland is closer for us in the Hamilton area.

Hear you about closer to home as I've reached the age I'm not into hauling the boat all over the province to go where the fishing is hot. I now mostly fish Bruce and Stanley which usually is great for perch, pics and bows. I don't have a clue what has happened here this year but all 3 species have been very sparse at best. We haven't got a limit of anything this season while in past years it wasn't a problem on most days. Even my granddaughter is losing faith in me. :D

Last edited:
Hear you about closer to home as I've reached the age I'm not into hauling the boat all over the province to go where the fishing is hot. I now mostly fish Bruce and Stanley which usually is great for perch, pics and bows. I don't have a clue what has happened here this year but all 3 species have been very sparse at best. We haven't got a limit of anything this season while in past years it wasn't a problem on most days. Even my granddaughter is losing faith in me. :D

would port burwell fit your plans----not THAT far from Bruce

gotta keep granddaughter happy ya know:D

@packrat I've thought about that option a few times and may well try it soon if things don't change when I try Bruce again this week. :)

Erieau is another option which is about the same distance for me as Burwell. I've heard some pretty good reports coming from there as well. ;)

It's about 5to6 miles out where were fishing, we stay in an area that I have marked on my GPS. Were not marking lots but the fish are there.We circle an area that goes 78 to 85 FOW.
As for camping with boat slips, I don't think there is any, There is camping places though, Bing, Rock Pt.,etc. I think Mike will fix you up at Mohawk Marine in Lowbanks to set a tent, he is on the water, plus has great food at The Hippo, I'd call first.
Thanks for the imfo. Wife and I would like to give it a try.

@packrat I've thought about that option a few times and may well try it soon if things don't change when I try Bruce again this week. :)

Erieau is another option which is about the same distance for me as Burwell. I've heard some pretty good reports coming from there as well. ;)

don't wait for spring----DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!:D

Back