Santa fishing presents

Fisherboy

Anyone else get fishing presents from Santa?
This what I found under my tree this morning.

Attachments

• 20201225_120811.jpg
    20201225_120811.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 101
  • 20201225_120743.jpg
    20201225_120743.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 20201225_120651.jpg
    20201225_120651.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 100
Not Santa, that be me 'round here, but I got a generous Bass Pro gift card from the one child that still loves me.

The other three bought me clothes.

(Kidding)

All I do is tell her what I would like to get for Christmas.
She then goes to Bill's in Hamilton & Greg does her shopping.lol
Greg never disappoints me.

Apparently, for Christmas, one of my son's "friends" who he has since had a falling out with, returned a fishing rod and a bunch of tackle my son had bought for him to use earlier this year before they had their falling out. Left it leaned up against his apartment door with a note saying, "Merry Christmas." My son isn't sure if it's an olive branch or just this "friend" returning something he knows he'll never use to the person who bought it :unsure:

But, I know I will NEVER get anything fishing related from my wife for Christmas or my birthday. She has made it very clear to me that she absolutely refuses to get me ANYTHING to do with fishing for Christmas, or my birthday because in her opinion, it's not personal enough AND, apparently, I have enough with the two tackle boxes (1 for perch fishing, 1 with all my lures I would or have used for walleye, trout, etc) and the 3 fishing rods I already have plus the other accessories I have for sitting on the pier, minnow bucket, aerator, landing net, chair, electric fillet knife and some replacement blades, my new cleaning table I'll be using next year etc etc.

But, I know I will NEVER get anything fishing related from my wife for Christmas or my birthday. She has made it very clear to me that she absolutely refuses to get me ANYTHING to do with fishing for Christmas, or my birthday because in her opinion, it's not personal enough AND, apparently, I have enough with the two tackle boxes (1 for perch fishing, 1 with all my lures I would or have used for walleye, trout, etc) and the 3 fishing rods I already have plus the other accessories I have for sitting on the pier, minnow bucket, aerator, landing net, chair, electric fillet knife and some replacement blades, my new cleaning table I'll be using next year etc etc.

@Trevor M she's just trying to protect you from yourself.

If she bought you stuff, she would be encouraging that "collecting" activity.

I think mine is seriously considering an intervention.

Back