rough lake today

fishhook

I tuffed it out today was rough going went out to 80 feet6 miles out from port maitland marking some but no takers . come home empty handed again.got to get used to this new equipment.

It is rough out there today too. Marked some but didn't want to mess around with the down riggers a lot to figure out what they felt like hitting. Plus someone stole my net from my boat at Turkey Point so it was a bummer day anyway.... but it was still a nice day on the water ;)

I was running downriggers and planer boards today, talk about a baptism by fire.... We managed a real nice 32 incher though. Only one tangle.

I was running downriggers and planer boards today, talk about a baptism by fire.... We managed a real nice 32 incher though. Only one tangle.

The baptism happened was every 10th wave or so that was close to 5ft. Turning was an adventure. Auto-pilot lost its mind a couple of times going into the wind.

Erieau on Sat afternoon had a nice chop going out..picked up for the 10 mile ride back. 3' swells with the occasional rogue. My 19' Lund Alaskan handles it at 18mph much better than my S1 bulged disc...boy was I a sore soldier that night...:inpain:

here is picture of 32 inch one we caught and silver bass, it was a major victory after battling the waves all morning, but very enjoyable day.FullSizeRender.jpg

Back