Reverse Seared Steak

M_P

I needed some pellets and charcoal so off I went to Strodes on Saturday. It was a beatiful day and wanted to grill somthing so I grabbed 4 ribeyes while there. Season with salt and pepper only and bring to room temp. My wife likes her steak cooked to death so on the gas grill it went with the potatoes and veggies until it hits 145 to 150. My boys and I like our steaks so that a good vet could revive them so they get started low and slow on the pellet grill until 100 degrees. While the steaks cook I start a chimney full of lump charcoal and when they are lit it gets dumped into the bottom of the kettle grill. Spread the coal out evenly, a quick fan with a piece of cardboard to blow the ash away and make sure everything is glowing red hot and the steaks go directly on the coal for about 90 seconds a side for perfect reverse seared steak.

I needed some pellets and charcoal so off I went to Strodes on Saturday. It was a beatiful day and wanted to grill somthing so I grabbed 4 ribeyes while there. Season with salt and pepper only and bring to room temp. My wife likes her steak cooked to death so on the gas grill it went with the potatoes and veggies until it hits 145 to 150. My boys and I like our steaks so that a good vet could revive them so they get started low and slow on the pellet grill until 100 degrees. While the steaks cook I start a chimney full of lump charcoal and when they are lit it gets dumped into the bottom of the kettle grill. Spread the coal out evenly, a quick fan with a piece of cardboard to blow the ash away and make sure everything is glowing red hot and the steaks go directly on the coal for about 90 seconds a side for perfect reverse seared steak.
I'm a fan of not over-cooked steak/roast beef as well (except I like my chicken and pork to temperature). I spent too many years taking meat straight from fridge to BBQ (meaning hand it to @stomp to BBQ) instead of letting it get to room temp first.

Back