Restoule,Stormy, Clear Lakes

Planning a trip up to these lakes, would like to do some crown land camping and was wondering if anyone could suggest areas, going for 5 days in 2 weeks. 4 guys and 2 boats, have never been up this way before. Pike and Pickerel trip?
Thanks
Mike

Last edited:
The only suggestion I have would be camp at the P Park on Restoule and fish the lake. Park is located in
middle and you can access entire lake easily.

Boat launch for Stormy and Clear lakes is just outside of prov park gate.Fished Restoule a few times with good success. Good luck

Thanks guys...

I have been fishing and camping restoule area for 26 years now,think I know the area fairly well. There are several campsites on Stormy,and clear which are first come first serve.There is a good site a short ride from stormy dock,when leaving the channel there is a large rock cliff to the right,to the left of that is a small beach and just to the left is a campsite. Access is inside the park. Restoule has lots of cottages and gets descent pressure from them and campers at the park. Stormy and Clear have a lot less traffic and pressure and shoreline is mostly crown land. You will also more likely tangle with musky more so than pike. There are pike there but there is also some bruts of musky. Walleye fishing is really good if you know where to fish. IMHO Clear lake has the best fishing,and also the best fishing for pike. Find a map and fish Stinking Bay for pike. There is also a short portage on the end of Clear to access Bass Lake. Again less pressure and very good walleye,bass and pike fishing.

Stop in at Martins camp but your bait and talk to Bing,he will put you on the fish. Restoule is also worth fishing just no where to camp on crown land on the lake. You could camp in the park,but you only have access to Restoule lake,you will have to trailer your boat from there to Stormy ramp to have access to stormy,clear and the restoule river down to the dam.

I have been going to Restoule for 50+ years now and own a cottage on clear lake. There is a couple of camping sites on clear lake but the rest are rented through the park. If you can get the one across from
the boat launch on stormy grab it. [ sand beach ]. As fishing goes rapalas or shad rapps in perch,blue.black

I have been going to Restoule for 50+ years now and own a cottage on clear lake. There is a couple of camping sites on clear lake but the rest are rented through the park. If you can get the one across from
the boat launch on stormy grab it. [ sand beach ]. As fishing goes rapalas or shad rapps in perch,blue.black
thanks Flash, Sand site would be perfect, 2 fibreglass boats, fingers crossed.....
Mike

I camped and fished it on crown land. Likely the campsite mentioned here. Absolutely the best inland campsite I have had. Nice and flat and easy to set up. We caught a lot of smallmouth, perch and pike. No luck on walleye or musky but we didn't try too hard for them. There is also lakers in there. Ministry was there studying ling. They set down long lines overnight and hauled up a 60+lb laker. was big, fat and ugly but what a beauty all the same. Have a great time!!!! good choice in location!

Didn't get finished yesterday's message. LOL. If you have time try Commanda lake its has a boat ramp
across the bridge in Restoule . Ramp is across the road from the butcher shop. You can also get acsess to lake Restoule with a good boat ramp where the river comes in, just half a kilometer from general store . Have fun , I am going up this weekend to open the cottage up. I will get you a number for
a friend who rents his cottage, when he is not using it.

hey flash if you or your friend rent out your cottages I would love some contact info. I am going up for 2 weeks in mid july to the park. My wife and I are thinking about renting instead of camping now that the kids for the most part are done going with us,probably last summer for 17 year old daughter this year. thanks

We where up for four days 6 walleye between 6 and 8 lbs and one over 10 lbs all released. 8 around the slot size also relaesed. I got you a couple of numbers, Crow's nest 705-729-1549, nice rooms with kitchenette. Restoule inn 705-544-4136. Bad news Martin's camp is closed and up for sale, second my buddy Dave will be using the cottage at the time you are going up. Try the website , loringrestoule.com it should give you more room choices.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks