Request for Old Plastic Decoys

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Long Point Waterfowl is looking for donations of plastic duck decoys to our youth education programs. Decoys will be used to educate youth on waterfowl identification and the tradition of waterfowling in Canada through fun hands-on activities such as decoy painting. If you have decoys that you would like to donate, please contact Ted Barney, Biologist, Long Point Waterfowl at:

1-888-448-2473 ext. 151; tbarney@longpointwaterfowl.org

TedDSC68961.jpg

Hello Arnold,

I have 4 canvasback, 4 goldeneye, 4 black duck and 4 green winged teal decoys that I have "retired" from active service and that I will donate to Long Point Waterfowl to get them started.

I will contact Ted and make arrangements to drop them off.

Jerome Katchin, D.V.M.

Thanks Jerome,
I showed my wife the photo of the proud little girl with her painted decoy. She had a good laugh.....we'll have to ask Ted what species of duck it was.
quote:
Originally posted by Buddy Boy

Hello Arnold,

I have 4 canvasback, 4 goldeneye, 4 black duck and 4 green winged teal decoys that I have "retired" from active service and that I will donate to Long Point Waterfowl get them started.

I will contact Ted and make arrangements to drop them off.

Jerome Katchin, D.V.M.

We have a couple of baskets kickng around that we can throw in to help out - retirees from days of old

Hello Duck Soup,

I think that the bird (decoy) in question was (at least anatomically) a bluebill that has undergone some genetic modification to acquire the colour variations in the plumage!

Jerome Katchin, D.V.M.

Arnold when I get back Brad Swick and myself have a couple dozen we would like to donate to a great cause

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks