Off Topic Reel Repair

The more I think about things, I'm a run what yah brung fisher person.

I have under par reels (Magda pro models), mixed rods, but in matched pairs brand/model and length across from each other.

In 2016 when this all started, my neighbour brought dipsys and spoons on the first trip because I had neither, and the two of us fudged our way to a decent day's catch.

It's been an evolution and there's only been a few items where I felt I needed the best I could buy at the time and that was electronics.

I guess I'm living proof one can consistently catch fish using much less than the best equipment there is. (with the neighbour 😁)

So........ those without deep pockets, don't worry about it........... go fishing. 😁🌻
Well said @hvyhaul 👍 Tight lines & walleye’s,etc., ON! with your neighbour,etc., in 2024! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

The more I think about things, I'm a run what yah brung fisher person.

I have under par reels (Magda pro models), mixed rods, but in matched pairs brand/model and length across from each other.

In 2016 when this all started, my neighbour brought dipsys and spoons on the first trip because I had neither, and the two of us fudged our way to a decent day's catch.

It's been an evolution and there's only been a few items where I felt I needed the best I could buy at the time and that was electronics.

I guess I'm living proof one can consistently catch fish using much less than the best equipment there is. (with the neighbour 😁)

So........ those without deep pockets, don't worry about it........... go fishing. 😁🌻
Agreed hvy haul i had no idea about what to buy when we started walleye fishing we also run okuma and magna they have worked good for us did same thing trial and error but its worked for us just nice to be out enjoying what you are doing fish are just a bonus

My entire spread are convectors or cold waters.

There are nothing wrong with them, in fact depending on who you are fishing with the 3-1 ratio is advantageous with unexperienced people and children

6-1 might good good for bass fisherman but not long lining anything.

All you’re going to do is open that hole in their mouth. IMHO. If a rainbow is charging the boat or jumping I seem to be able to keep up.

Cheers genitals!

Cheers genitals!
Haha @Dmanwithnoname was that an autocorrect from GENTS or intentional? Either way I am laughing :ROFLMAO:

I am with @hvyhaul … I use what I have, and I try to keep the ones I’ve got working well (even the one beat up Penn Knock off). There’s not that much to them, and lots of problems go away with cleaning and lubricating them.

I’ve fished with 1:1 mooching reels, magdas, high end stuff… they all put fish in the boat🤷‍♂️

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks