Ramp passes

Corey06

My father and I have been doing a lot of fishing the last couple of years as he has bought a new fishing boat, usually we just pay the daily fee to use the ramp but it has gotten to the point where it's cheaper just to buy a seasonal pass since we have been heading out a lot when the bite is hot. I was just wondering if anyone else has boughten ramp passes and the rules you are given if any when purchasing a seasonal pass. Last year I bought him a ramp pass for bradfields down in burwell for fathers day and we used it quite a bit. We have the new 18' that we usually take out but there are a few occasions when we will take the aluminum 14' if were just heading to the end of the pier for an hour, but last year at bradfields we were given a hard time because we weren't using the "usual" fishing boat. Has anyone else encountered anything like this at the other marinas? I think if you buy a ramp pass you should be able to put in any boat or water craft you own, not just limited to one you usually use!

Corey I heard of guys getting a hard time for using a different truck to tow the boat with. Same boat towed by same guy using his truck or his sons.

I think you're right, you bought a ramp pass not a pass for your boat. If they want to give you a hard time I would just remind them that there is another ramp right across the road that from what I hear is a better ramp. I could see them getting upset if you were launching your buddies boat for them but as long as you own both boats I would expect to be able to launch them both, you shouldn't need two passes because you have two boats.

I think you're right, you bought a ramp pass not a pass for your boat. If they want to give you a hard time I would just remind them that there is another ramp right across the road that from what I hear is a better ramp. I could see them getting upset if you were launching your buddies boat for them but as long as you own both boats I would expect to be able to launch them both, you shouldn't need two passes because you have two boats.

Port Glasgow has a good system. They have a sticker for your boat and for your trailer. Kind of negates using another boat though.

Just a suggestion but if you told Bradfields that you owned two different boats when you bought your pass, I would think they would mark it down and cut you some slack. Otherwise, how would they keep track of boats/trailers/trucks/brothers/uncles etc?

Hey Corey

You could always try buying a pass from us this season:) We are only 10-15mins away from Port Burwell in Port Bruce. We charge $100 for a season pass and don't mind if you have 2 boats;) We sell minnows on the launch ramp as well for $5 a big scoop and have lots of parking!! You also recieve FREE in and out service, no need to get your feet wet we'll do the work for ya!

Greg & Sam @
North Erie Marina

Hey Corey................can't go wrong with NorthErieMarina , Sam and Greg are great people and believe you me the scoop of minnows are the best around and all you have to do is back the trailer in the water and drive out . They have my business (besides I feel sorry for them having to put up with my bro-in-laws burchy and hillbilly ;) lol) , payed my ramp fee a month ago and hope to see them soon if the weather warm up !........................apps

Thanks Apps!
If I knew your brother inlaw was Burchy I would have charged you double :D haha Just Joking! See you soon:)

Sam

Greg & Sam @
North Erie Marina

does anyone know the prices for season ramp passes at the burwell ramps?
i have used both and prefer ottercreek over bradfields, i find bradfields too steep for me. sometimes hard to get boat on trailer straight by myself if theres any wind, and when its busy which they usually are, people tend to lose there patience quickly.

Here at Rush creek in Port Bruce we charge a 100 for year and you can leave your boat in our fenced compound if you don t want to tow it around,at 1.50 leter save your gas for the boat this summer

I agree with that! There service is second to none and there always willing to share some info on what the fish are doing.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks