Pt Bruce info

ronnie67

I was out at Pt Bruce a few weeks ago had a great day thanks Greg North end. Fish were in 10 -12 ft of water. I see reports now they are deeper. How far offshore is 35-40 ft of water(my boat isnt very big) Thanks for any info8D

Ronnie, Within a mile from shore you are in the deeper stuff..
I was out in 32 fow and fishing right beside me were two guys in a canoe, alittle crazy for them(to me anway) but on nice day any size boat can get to the perch. Just watch the weather and you will be fine.............how "small" is your boat?

Bogz

I bought a new 14ft smokercraft last year as I spent last yr up north working. I wanted to upgrade this yr. but kids and sports come first. Damn. Thanks for the info anyways. I always check windfinder before I go out. Went to EC 10 once but thought I was a little far from shore. Was out on my friends 21ft triton couple yrs back when a waterspout opened up right above us, pretty scarey,happened fast, yikes dont wanna be[xx(]

Hey ronnie I went all over the bay and out to bluff several times in my 14' smokercraft when I have it you really just have to be prepared and watch the weather don't be stubborn if it gets bumpy head in closer to shore . I miss my smoker it was a great boat

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove,X-zone Lures, IMA Lures and Numa Optics for their support

14 footer is more than enough, on a nice day, to get out there. Mine is a 16' with a 50hp Evinrude, always close enough to keep the pier in sight, like I said, you can get into 30-35 fow water and still be a 5 min ride into the channel. South winds over 10 knots will be your biggest enemy, good luck.

Bogz

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks