Professional Perch Cleaning

now if you could only get one to set up in a trailer at a launch ramp...... I'd pay.....

now if you could only get one to set up in a trailer at a launch ramp...... I'd pay.....
With the way the "Mythical Creatures" reports are few and far between, it might have a lot of idle hands time.

Super impressive skill and method.

I would just love to know how commercial fisherman catch all these perch and where. With all the walleye, bows and farm animals, do they just throw the garbage fish back and keep the ones that they havent used up their quota one. Are their nets like a huge cage that they swim into and the next day they come and haul up. Just curious !

I would just love to know how commercial fisherman catch all these perch and where. With all the walleye, bows and farm animals, do they just throw the garbage fish back and keep the ones that they havent used up their quota one. Are their nets like a huge cage that they swim into and the next day they come and haul up. Just curious !
My buddy at Hay Bay says they target Bluegill up there because it’s quite popular in the US. Any other species is just dumped and left to rot as they don’t have quota for them. Makes zero sense.

Any other species is just dumped and left to rot

That's insanely wasteful.

I'm surprised they don't sell them to the Asian markets. I see species there all the time that most ppl here turn their noses up at. White bass and carp for sure... but i wouldn't be surprised to see drum sold there too.

Honestly, if you can't consume most of what you catch then your fishing method should be illegal.

I does make it a lot easier to filet after the fish has come out of the scalier (potato peeler)
But she is good (y) .
@Fish Farmer i just purchased a potato peeler Tuesday. After taking my wife out for some perch I remembered a good friend had one that he wanted to sell.
With the 17 perch we caught, it gave me the time to practice on butterflying them.
Not to keen on the paint job, but this winter I’ll soda blast it and give some better color
9174E189-48C1-4194-A138-7211A728F69E.jpeg

I gave her method a try today, have always done it similar but with the head on. I like this way better. The second side seemed easier. Set up my phone in front of me and tried to go step by step while watching the video. Hard to follow as she is a lefty😃. Ran out of fish before I got the hang of it.

Attachments

• IMG_20210827_164339.jpg
    IMG_20210827_164339.jpg
    523.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20210827_164229.jpg
    IMG_20210827_164229.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 39
Wow, I thought I was good.

I saw some Americans cleaning bluegills. They put them in a 5g bucket, had a power drill with a long bit similar to a drywall mud mixer except it was shaped like a paddle and had holes like a grater. When they ran the drill, the bluegills swished around for about 30 seconds and then they were all scaled.

With their electric filet knives, they went through a couple hundred in no time at all, those girls would have a hard time keeping up.

Back