Fishing Report Port Stanley Walleye July 3rd

I Left the dock at 6am headed SW to 67ft lines in by 6:30 last fish in the boat by 7:30. Leadcore 5,7 colour each got 3. copper wonder bread spoon and a purple and black spoon. 2.8-3mph
Nice! 5 and 7 colours or 5.7 colours?

We were out there as well in the little blue 14' tinner. Turned west out of harbour with intentions of fishing in tight but the nets were rediculous! Couldn't tell what was what, they were running every which way. After pulling the lines quickly a couple times we headed deeper and picked away at them for a bit before coming back in to 35'ish where the fish were stacked. Didn't see any nets to the east on our return. 3 colour lead on inline boards was the ticket for our limits. 1 bonus steelie as well.
20190703_121538.jpgIMG_20190703_102759.jpgLRM_EXPORT_191946158091134_20190703_102411442.jpegLRM_EXPORT_191886961427667_20190703_102312246.jpeg20190703_135933.jpg

I Left the dock at 6am headed SW to 67ft lines in by 6:30 last fish in the boat by 7:30. Leadcore 5,7 colour each got 3. copper wonder bread spoon and a purple and black spoon. 2.8-3mph
Excellent fishing for 1 hour!! :oops: Was that with a Conservation fishing license limit (2 walleye’s),or with a sports fishing license limit,(6 walleye’s).:unsure: Either way,great angling for only 1 hour of fishing!!?????

Last edited:
Was that with a Conservation fishing license limit (4 walleye’s),or with a sports fishing license limit,(6 walleye’s)
Hey Red, conservation limit is only 2. You must have been thinking of Zone 16 and fishin the Thames again, although I can't imagine why when Zone 19 is pretty much right back to where it was last year and the year before for walleye, on fire.

Hey Red, conservation limit is only 2. You must have been thinking of Zone 16 and fishin the Thames again, although I can't imagine why when Zone 19 is pretty much right back to where it was last year and the year before for walleye, on fire.
@Trevor M thanks for correcting me on that! I have never owned a sports fishing license,and I guess I should of checked what the limit on walleye’s was with a sports fishing license.As much as I am for having a walleye sanctuary on the Thames River in the spring,I think that the MNR should not have a sanctuary anymore on the thames river,or at least cut it back from 2 months to 1 month starting next year.There is plenty of proof that there are a lot of walleye’s around,with everyone having such a fish catching success.A recent topic was about having too many walleye’s,but not enough food for them with many being caught with empty stomachs.Lets enjoy this walleye fishing while it is fantastic,and walleye’s ON!! ?????

@Trevor M thanks for correcting me on that! I have never owned a sports fishing license,and I guess I should of checked what the limit on walleye’s was with a sports fishing license.As much as I am for having a walleye sanctuary on the Thames River in the spring,I think that the MNR should not have a sanctuary anymore on the thames river,or at least cut it back from 2 months to 1 month starting next year.There is plenty of proof that there are a lot of walleye’s around,with everyone having such a fish catching success.A recent topic was about having too many walleye’s,but not enough food for them with many being caught with empty stomachs.Lets enjoy this walleye fishing while it is fantastic,and walleye’s ON!! ?????
Whether it's before they shut it down in March, or after they open it again in May, that river still hates me and won't allow me any fish lol.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks