Fishing Report Port Stanley Walleye - July 25th

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
With the lake still rocking this morning from the big wind yesterday we decided to do an evening fish. The wind switched to the south laying the lake down nicely late afternoon so Darren and I headed out to where we have been catching them all week. Not marking much and not catching much, they moved but later found them and the game was on. Hooked 20 walleye but not all intentionally. I'll explain, we had 11 in the box while loosing 5 others after pulling the hooks lightly caught in the lips. We couldn't seem to hook another so I was just about ready to call it a night when we got a quadruple knockoff, all walleye. Kept the biggest one and released the 3 others. It was a nice way to end the evening getting our 12 limit along with 5 bows and lost a BRUTE that jumped several times before throwing the lure half way back to port.

Again 5-7 colour lead core, best lures were Storm Original Hot N' Tot blue/silver and Ripplin' Red Fin blue/chrome. Another great day chasing wallys. :happy:

IMG_1281.JPG

IMG_1280.JPG

IMG_1282.JPG

way like your posts wave runner always to the point with all info required. Thanks again may try this evening
Thanks and good luck this evening. I found the fish a little more patchy after Mondays blow but after moving half way to Bruce they got much thicker. From the action I heard on the radio there's a bigger concentration of walleye off Bruce getting faster limits. Definitely not near as many fish off Stanley that were there last week.

One more question wave runner do u still hunt white tails??

No sorry to say Toad I had to give up my other passion bow hunting whitetails 3 years ago. (n)
My bad knees just won't let me climb trees anymore or pack gear in let alone haul the game out.
The run of 30+ years bow hunting both whitetails and moose was fantastic while it lasted.
If your still hunting them Ontario is breaking ground into some real world class whitetail bucks in recent years.
I wish I was just starting again but the warranty on body parts has run out on this "old car." :(

I'm sure them mt bridges white tails r at ease knowing u r at home. All good things must come to an end I to am getting close to saying that's it. Oh well we can still sit in a boat

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks