Fishing Report Port Stanley Walleye Aug. 17th

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Darren and I thought we would give Stanley a try just for a change of pace. We went 30-34 today putting 18 little guys back for next year. I was hoping we would catch less short ones than we have been getting each trip out of Glasgow but we couldn't keep them off. I guess they must be everywhere which means we have a good future for walleye. Both Dipsys back 120-130 ft. and riggers down 40-45 ft. were firing well this morning. This year's trend continued for us as every fish was caught on spoons except for a few on RRFs. We fished 59-64 ft. but 59-60 ft. was best and only had 1 silver and 3 sheep to annoy us. It was another great day on the water after a week of windy weather that kept us off until today. 😁

PXL_20210817_165511403.jpg PXL_20210817_165451419 (2).jpg

Awesome report!
I hope I can get out Thursday evening 😃

I was talking to a fella that fishes similar area he was telling me last saturday morning he had similar results as us but said he decided to keep going deeper and the deeper he got the bigger the fish got..

I find it hard to convince myself to go another 5-7miles when there is lots of good fishing that much closer 😉

e to do some yard work insteadDarren and I thought we would give Stanley a try just for a change of pace. We went 30-34 today putting 18 little guys back for next year. I was hoping we would catch less short ones than we have been getting each trip out of Glasgow but we couldn't keep them off. I guess they must be everywhere which means we have a good future for walleye. Both Dipsys back 120-130 ft. and riggers down 40-45 ft. were firing well this morning. This year's trend continued for us as every fish was caught on spoons except for a few on RRFs. We fished 59-64 ft. but 59-60 ft. was best and only had 1 silver and 3 sheep to annoy us. It was another great day on the water after a week of windy weather that kept us off until today. 😁

View attachment 48092 View attachment 48095
Finally!! @Wave Runner I was waiting for your post & I had my popcorn 🍿 ready,(LoL 😂😉),to read it!! 👍👍🙂 Congratulations 🥳 again to you both for another fantastic day out on lake erie & this time off of port stanley,instead of Port Glasgow your usual fishing spot. I could of have easily have gone fishing with my boat today off one of the Lake Erie port’s,but instead I decided to do some yard work & perhaps a mistake for me not to have gone fishing. Enjoy your walleye fry to the both of you & great photo’s again!!👍🙂 🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟😋👍🙂

Last edited:
Darren and I thought we would give Stanley a try just for a change of pace. We went 30-34 today putting 18 little guys back for next year. I was hoping we would catch less short ones than we have been getting each trip out of Glasgow but we couldn't keep them off. I guess they must be everywhere which means we have a good future for walleye. Both Dipsys back 120-130 ft. and riggers down 40-45 ft. were firing well this morning. This year's trend continued for us as every fish was caught on spoons except for a few on RRFs. We fished 59-64 ft. but 59-60 ft. was best and only had 1 silver and 3 sheep to annoy us. It was another great day on the water after a week of windy weather that kept us off until today. 😁

Them smalls are everywhere Robert got some today 7 inches at Burwell. Don’t like hurting the little buggers but can find no way to keep them off. Had to release 5 this morning to get a limit of decent fish

@Derkd9 I moved away from where everyone was talking about great numbers at Burwell.

They were right, but I didn't want to play catch and release with a ton of smalls.

Moved back to some late season waypoints and it paid off big. No garbage and only two smalls.

When I pulled the boat on Sunday there was another boat that said that they always go real deep and have never been disappointed.

Give it a one time whirl. :giggle:

I now see by your first photo that you launched at Stans Marina & not at the usual public boat ramp. I guess that you found a parking spot there from Stans across the road,because sometimes finding a parking spot can be a issue there at Stans Marina. At least at Stans Marina there is no parking meter,(honour system),to content with,especially in the dark,there at Stans Marina. lol 😂😉👍🙂

Last edited:
Them smalls are everywhere Robert got some today 7 inches at Burwell. Don’t like hurting the little buggers but can find no way to keep them off. Had to release 5 this morning to get a limit of decent fish
Hey 5 is not bad, 18 (3 man limit) for us today and another day at Glasgow we threw back 2 dozen (4 man limit). That gets annoying. 😬

Awesome report!
I hope I can get out Thursday evening 😃

I was talking to a fella that fishes similar area he was telling me last saturday morning he had similar results as us but said he decided to keep going deeper and the deeper he got the bigger the fish got..

I find it hard to convince myself to go another 5-7miles when there is lots of good fishing that much closer 😉
If I'm going to run that deep Derk it will be at Glasgow where 70 ft. is only 7 miles out not 15 like at Stanley. ;)
I was 11 miles to get to 64 ft. today. (n) I got reminded once again why I like Glasgow better. :D

I find it ironic this year the share of spoons everyone is catching on is all across the board. I’ve stuck to the notables on my few trips out and done well but maybe I should be bringing the random ones out of the box
The notables are usually the best producers for me as well but some days I need to dig into the box a little deeper. That's why we need at least 200 lures or at least that's what I tell my wife. :p

@Derkd9 I moved away from where everyone was talking about great numbers at Burwell.

They were right, but I didn't want to play catch and release with a ton of smalls.

Moved back to some late season waypoints and it paid off big. No garbage and only two smalls.

When I pulled the boat on Sunday there was another boat that said that they always go real deep and have never been disappointed.

Give it a one time whirl. :giggle:
Define real deep at Burwell

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks