Fishing Report Port Stanley morning July 23rd

Derkd9

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Not a great start to the morning as one of my friends didn’t show up when he was suppose to.
So get to the ramp 30-45min later and was greeted with a line up.
Anywho on the water still at a decent time since I was originally aiming for half hour earlier then normal so technically only 15min late hahahahaahahahaha 😈 launching at 515 instead of 5 or 445 I prefer…
Was a nice lake with very little chop
So we scooted out quickly to 59fow and set up shop
Must of started on a school of little ones as the first 7 fish we caught went right back where they come from hahaha we were aiming deeper cover the same area I fished the last few weeks and were rewarded with some nice eaters still on the small side tho
Most of the fish today were on average smaller then the last few times out.
Colours and depths were a little different this morning.. even tho I was marking them right on the bottom they were only hitting if I had them up 5-10 feet higher then last time I was out.. also instead of purples they seemed to want blues. Walleyes were taken on spoons and rrfs down around 35-40ft. In 64fow there’s a nice little hole out there between stanley and Bruce that keeps producing.
Boated over 30 walleye so many smaller ones!!
18 come for the truck ride in the cooler for a 3 man limit
1 bonus rainbow that made it into the boat
1 dirty sheep
Lost a few near the back of the boat that did a nice shake and launched the spoon right at us.
Got Slancys parents to do up our walleye for us today for dinner. Delicious as usual!

Side note after leaving the launch noticed some trucks with parking tickets.
People be aware of the no parking signs
Need to make sure you are actually in the boat launch parking area or you will get fined
IMG_9273.jpegIMG_9274.jpegIMG_9290.png
IMG_9218.jpegIMG_9235.jpegIMG_9245.jpegIMG_9225.jpegIMG_9226.jpegIMG_9258.jpegIMG_9267.jpeg

Nice report Derek, great to get out with buddies and have a successful day like that. What a super picture on the Helix 5. ;)
Thanks for sharing as always. Great looking box for sure with a bonus bow too.
(Good callout about the parking areas ....)

Was it 35 or 40?
Well on the dipsy chart it would be 40’
But since trolling a bit faster and un calibrated reel kinda really puts a big ? On the whole deal…
My experience is my spoons are a couple feet higher then what the chart says.
I would say 36.5ft
I noticed a lot of current based on how my lines were tracking behind the boat so that also throws another variable in it.

Derek, I was down there about 6:20 and there were very few parking spots left with many boats waiting and many more on the way down. The lake looked so good, I thought of going back and bringing the boat down but even with a season's pass, I would not have had a place to park.
Glad you did well and great report as usual. Your screen looks busy! Maybe I should ditch the Lowrance and be looking at Hummingbirds.

Derek, I was down there about 6:20 and there were very few parking spots left with many boats waiting and many more on the way down. The lake looked so good, I thought of going back and bringing the boat down but even with a season's pass, I would not have had a place to park.
Glad you did well and great report as usual. Your screen looks busy! Maybe I should ditch the Lowrance and be looking at Hummingbirds.
I can change the colour on my Lowrance to make it look more like the humminbird, but those are screenshots of both at the same time marking the same fish

It was definitely a beauty morning out there! Tuesday will be nice as well I have to work but maybe get out after work

Ok so maybe you weren’t lying about your hummingbird lit up with fish. :)
I wouldn’t lie about that lol
Honestly tho I have to adjust setting multiple times while out there to make sure it’s marking as it should

Back