port glasgow

wannabewalleye

Anybody been out of Glasgow yet thinking of heading out Wednesday and looking for a report thxs

I fished out of Glascow the last 4 yrs just moved over to North Erie Marina Port Bruce this year.Most days I would head straight out of the marina and start settting up in 50ftw depending on winds I would then troll out to 65ftw make a big turn and troll back in.If I was trolling east and west I would generally be inbetween 55 and 60.weighpoint your catches and go back over same area quite a bit.Leadcore was always good for some fish,9 or 10 colours out with a spoon,jerry lee,pink panties,monkey puke,orange crush,nascar they where very good.Off the boards walleye divers or any popular body bait.Hope that helped.Be safe out there I hear there is a lot of nets just west of the marina.

I didn't see any nets last week which is bad because I know they were there. If they are full t he floats will be below water and they will set them back. Be careful I hate commercial nets. Not the guys just the nets.

How far is port Glasgow past port burwell? I really would like to get out and get some of them eyes. Never been to port Glasgow. Have always fished Burwel but I'm not sure where and how far Glasgow is.

It's 90 km from Burwell to Glasgow using #3 highway, about 1 hour and 15 minuets.

I just looked up some notes from years past and I would think Glasgow would be a good bet right about now. The last couple of years there has been a good mix of 'eyes and bows in early July. As Doug M said, you can go straight out of port about 4 miles and you'll be in about 5o fow. Troll out about 2-3 miles further to 62-65 fow or so and work in and out N-S until you find fish then focus on them. The bottom drops off a lot closer to shore and much steeper than Burwell/Bruce so you don't have to go out nearly as far. The nets are usually to the West of port running N-S and are only marked with a flag on each end (no floats on the gill nets) so if you see one flag, make sure you can see the other one and don't cross in between with your gear in the water! I think I may take a run down there myself tomorrow if all goes well.

Good Luck and make sure to report.

They have a double launch next to the booth and a single on the other side. The single is more protected so it's easier to get your boat back on the trailer if it's a little choppy. I think they still have a bait and tackle shack there as well. Good Luck.

I agree with @Leftys Buoy use the single launch on the west side of the marina as it's more protected if the wind is up. I personally never use the double ramp for that reason.

Back