port glasgow newbie

Maestrolaker

usually in at bruce or burwell. never launched at glasgow but thought i might give it a go Saturday.
is there more than one launch and is parking plentiful as likely not there til around 7am

3 launches at port glascow marina, there will be lots of parking and no wait at the ramps.. Windfinder is calling no for 1m waves for glascow on Saturday.. stay home and stay alive

Last edited:
There are 2 ramps on the east side, one on the west side. The west side ramp is I believe a bit deeper and is a lot more protected...the east ramps are wide open to rollers coming in on a S/SW/SE wind..can be VERY challenging to load a boat when leaving. Lots of parking until you get 60 or more boats..then it gets a bit tight but manageable.

I usually try to be there very early and get out one of the first ones, 3 ramps, 2 on one side and 1 on another. I like this launch much better than the other ones, mainly because it's on the lake, i.e. you are can push the handle down once you launch your boat, no need to navigate a river full of boats and occasional angry boaters. Judging by the weather however, this is the weekend of Nanticoke or Colborne.

Last edited:
Back