Port burwell

Fish Whisperer

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Well after a gruelling winter of expensive repairs we had our vessel 'Nother 1 out for a shake down cruise and motor break in. Left Big Otter Marina at 10:30 with a scoop of minnows. Sweet that they sell them at the dock. Asked the misses which way when we left port and she pointed to Bruce. That way is where the fish are at she says. Set up in front if McConnell water tower in 38 feet of water and BAM a jumbo while we were getting the other rods ready. Biggest perch I have seen in 3 years. Fished until 2 and put 20 on ice with half catch being over 10 inch and one big fella at 13 inch. Heard in radio some fella managed a pic while perching. Great day fishing but still have some bugs on the boat to work out. Gonna be a great year !!

That sucks about your winter F.W

How are the scoops of minnow's? How many did you get per scoop? And It's about time they got Minnow's down there. :) So many people are happy that they have minnows now.

LOL You have a smart lady on board with you. Many people are reporting catching Pic's while fishing for Perch.

The report of the Perch are big this year as well. 13 inch! O-O Wowsa! lol

Isn't there always some bugs to fine tune on the boat? I know my hubby and I are always trying to fine tune it.

I have a funny feeling this year is going to be a great year too!

Did you see that the Big Otter Marina had 2 launch's now?

@ Ziiva I see you are new here, welcome. It's great to see women join the site, a woman's perspective is always welcomed.

Give us some insight as to who you are, nothing personal just the likes and dislikes concerning fishing etc. Favorite species you target, what type of boat do you fish from, you know the important stuff in life.

Again welcome, I think you will enjoy you're time here, no trollers acting like idiots, usually anyway. Nice avatar, do you work those guns everyday?

Hi WhatsthePoint, Yuppers I am new hear. Thanks :)

lol "all the important stuff" nice.
I love catching them, I hate cleaning them. Hubby does the cleaning part. Mind you, I do know how to clean them. I love going for Perch, only because it's a lot more relaxing and I have a chance of swimming if the bite isn't happening. I really don't like Pickerel fishing, it's a too much of a busy thing. But they sure are tasty! Hubby loves pickerel fishing. We have a twin inboard 34 Pacemaker. I fell in love with her! lol

I am a more laid back type a fisher and hubby is a more active fisher.

I have never gone cat fishing, so this year I am trying my hand at it.

My dad would take me fishing all the time. That was our bonding time, seeing as I was a tomboy mostly. :p So I always have seen fishing with my hubby as a bonding time. I love the dynamic of it all. Not having to talk, and have the same goal set, laugh, drink good smooth drinks, and almost cry when a good catch get's off the hook seconds away from getting into the boat. lol

Thanks again! I love that avatar, I love alpha females, and I love unseen strength in people. Such as honor, respect, integrity, gratitude, and most of all a back bone with a touch of tact.

Where abouts is the McConnel located, headed out today less than hour from launch at the otter.

Any chance i can get coords for the finder. Takes a bit of ease, heading out again tomorrow morning

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks