Port Burwell - Saturday July 13th

BallEye2

Headed out of Port Burwell on Saturday the 13th with my brother in law from Ottawa. He hasn't caught a pickerel in 10 yrs - and after hearing of my success on Lake Erie he was itching to catch. Our Friday night warm up prevented us from getting to the water early. Launched and headed out @ 10:15 a.m. - after numerous warnings from those who had just came in as well as the lady at the ramp that didn't want to take my money only for me to find out it was rough out there. Figured my bro-in-law had come from Ottawa - we had to at least go out the creek to feel the water - and once there - away we went. It was rough and bumpy with whitecaps but not unfishable. Running a 20' Wilker so I wasn't concerned - paying attention and boating smart - we were off to catch fish. Straight out - started in 40' of water - 2 lines of lead - 4.5 and 5 colour - RRFs - blue/silver & black/green - and our first fish 10 minutes later. Fished out to 55' - then east, back towards shore and 40' - then west - south/west back to 50' then straight in to the pier - it was now 2:15 - and we had 6 in the box. Only used 2 lines - a bit rough for 4 lines. We managed to bring all fish in the boat we had hit - and only had to net his 28". Risky I know lifting them in - but the rough water made trying to net and drive a bit of challenge. All in all a good day. He was tickled and said we are making this an annual event and I can't move because he needs to come back so we can fish Erie.

Good fishing to all........tight lines and stay safe.
Cheers,
Balleye

Attachments

• Erie Pickerel Fishing 2019 Bob Berry.jpg
    Erie Pickerel Fishing 2019 Bob Berry.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks