Port Burwell Perch

They are moving constantly to stay out of the walleye's stomachs
One of the eyes I cleaned had a 7" perch and another had 2 smaller ones in its stomachs

So far this year I havn't seen any smelt , herring, or shinners in the perch or walleye if cleaned .....so makes me wonder what is in the bait balls we are marking out there.

They are moving constantly to stay out of the walleye's stomachs
One of the eyes I cleaned had a 7" perch and another had 2 smaller ones in its stomachs

So far this year I havn't seen any smelt , herring, or shinners in the perch or walleye if cleaned .....so makes me wonder what is in the bait balls we are marking out there.

Some of the ones I have in the freezer caught earlier this year off the pier in Bruce, plus the walleye I brought home on the 4th had some emeralds and gobies in their bellies.

Last perch I seen were lying on ice in Super Store but have no idea what lake they came from. :D

I did see 2 perch on Sunday off the pier. One that wasn't even worth a discussion that I caught, but the other was caught by a guy who was there about an hour before I was and it was 10" but those are the only 2 live perch I've seen in almost a month.

When I was out Sunday there was lots on the fish finder but not biting , Lake was totally flat and no breeze , water clear . Did catch 5 before giving up
Definitely need emerald shinners and not the other type of minnows to improve your chances

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks