Port bruce pier

Anyone know if the perch have made it into the pier yet? Thanks.

I don't believe you will see much happening off the pier until this weather changes enough to start warming up the water a bit. Everything is almost a month behind after that long bitter cold winter we had. The good news is it's supposed to warm up next week, that is if they are right this time. :rolleyes:

I don't believe you will see much happening off the pier until this weather changes enough to start warming up the water a bit. Everything is almost a month behind after that long bitter cold winter we had. The good news is it's supposed to warm up next week, that is if they are right this time. :rolleyes:

...usually I find not much happening until at least June in a good year...my boat is on the trailer for the summer..the Mrs. has chemo treatmentevery three weeks
for most of the summer so didn't figure it would be worthwhile even renting a slip...If any one is hitting them at Bruce..please post it..She's got good friends who'll stay with her for a few hours if I wanna get away one night for a few hours...plus I know she'd like a feed of fresh perch..Next treatment is the first week of June..so won't be venturing too far after that for a week or so..

@jay b sorry kinda new to fishing. What do you mean by mud line? Is that fished from the pier?

Hi @ i want fish. The mud line would be where the muddy river or creek water flowing into the lake stops and meets the clearer lake water. It is definitely visible if the river is running fast, especially after a rain. Generally you would be in a boat as it's beyond the pier. It is not unheard of to have that " mud line " within casting distance at the end of the pier.

By the way I see you are new here, welcome aboard. Tell us something about yourself if you wish, so we can get to know you a bit better.

@jay b sorry kinda new to fishing. What do you mean by mud line? Is that fished from the pier?
don't get too hung up about the "mud line".
while it would be ideal- if the perch are in and hungry everybody gets fish
I find the lake side of the pier is usually dirty most of the time from the creek flow anyway and have done real good at times

Back