Fishing Report Port Bruce august 2

Puddle Jumper

Amazing nite

Got to the launch around 4
Took our time going out 2 -2.5 ' waves out of SW

Went out SW to 60 fow and started trolling SE
2nd rod goes off before getting 3rd rod in .
3 rd goes off before 4th rod is in .
Had steady action turned around at 64 fow and started heading North.
Rainbow wanted to play tonight hitting all 4 rods

Took us a while to get 2 our 2 man walleye limit, but once we had 11 in the boat the double and triple headers started in 58 fow as we passed Kdog
The shallower we went the smaller the fish got.

We were one of the last boats to come in after dark.

Ended the nite
With 2 man limit of walleye with lots of throw backs and 5 rainbows
Only lost 2 fish
Also got 2 drum and 1 large silver bass
Pictures and lure / rod details to follow later

Great selection. Is the 3rd diver from the bottom blue or dark purple? Have something similar to that but top and bottom are darker red. The mooneye 2nd from the bottom has done well for me in that pattern

Dipsy s 85 and 110 did well early on then 120 and 150 and ended with them 90 and 120 back
One had the blueberry redfin and eventually the chartreuse backed spoon
Other had Greasy chicken from. Start to finish
10 colour lead out 8.5 - 9 colours had nascar spoon
5 colour started out with the blue/ gold tiger body bait . Got several but then changed to the silver dotted body bait and was steady until end

Thanks for another epic day on the water Puddlejumper. I'm absolutely loving these Erie trips as a nice change from Lake O salmon. All rods firing tonight - running dipsies and 2 lead cores (5 and 10 colour). Found the long lines catching more fish. Most fish seem smaller and would have been nice to see some more bigger ones. Glasgow on Tuesday night produced bigger fish but took a lot more effort to get limit.

Not the greatest picture but this deep husky jerk has put alot of fish in the livewell for me in the past 4 years. If I recall correctly Warrior painted this one

Attachments

• 20220803_003617.jpg
    20220803_003617.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 15
Thanks for another epic day on the water Puddlejumper. I'm absolutely loving these Erie trips as a nice change from Lake O salmon. All rods firing tonight - running dipsies and 2 lead cores (5 and 10 colour). Found the long lines catching more fish. Most fish seem a smaller and would have been nice to see some more bigger ones. Glasgow on Tuesday night produced bigger fish but took a lot more effort to get limit.
Pleasure was all mine . Had a fantastic time as always

Amazing nite

Got to the launch around 4
Took our time going out 2 -2.5 ' waves out of SW

Went out SW to 60 fow and started trolling SE
2nd rod goes off before getting 3rd rod in .
3 rd goes off before 4th rod is in .
Had steady action turned around at 64 fow and started heading North.
Rainbow wanted to play tonight hitting all 4 rods

Took us a while to get 2 our 2 man walleye limit, but once we had 11 in the boat the double and triple headers started in 58 fow as we passed Kdog
The shallower we went the smaller the fish got.

We were one of the last boats to come in after dark.

Ended the nite
With 2 man limit of walleye with lots of throw backs and 5 rainbows
Only lost 2 fish
Also got 2 drum and 1 large silver bass
Pictures and lure / rod details to follow later
Excellent fishing & report there @Puddle Jumper 👍👍 I will need to try the “afternoon” shift,(3 —11 p.m.) lol 😂 one day!! Tight lines and walleye’s/rainbow’s ON!! 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟👍🙂

Great selection. Is the 3rd diver from the bottom blue or dark purple? Have something similar to that but top and bottom are darker red. The mooneye 2nd from the bottom has done well for me in that pattern
Go with the “darker “RED” 👍👍@Fshrmn4life (lol 😆), and just saying my friend!! 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟👍🙂

Great pics, hopefully my 2nd trip this year will produce like that. Although tonight I kept it simple and just flatlined behind the boat with no boards and never touched the leadcore
I love flatlining as well @Fshrmn4life 👍👍 Especially while fishing from the back of my 18.5 foot Lund “Tiller” boat,while holding my fishing pole & actually feeling “the hit” off a walleye or from a “crazy!!” rainbow!! 🐟😱 I put my outboard motor in neutral when I hook a fish,and actually fighting my fish right back to my boat.If I am by myself or with someone else,we only use one fishing rod each,to avoid tangle’s,because I love doing “S” turns,etc.,while trolling. The other angler will reel in their line,till the angler with their fish on lands it. Yes,it’s a slow way to catch a limit of walleye’s,or rainbow’s,but that’s 👌 OK !! 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• 578FB591-BFE2-4FAB-9BF4-8B011B164F89.jpeg
    578FB591-BFE2-4FAB-9BF4-8B011B164F89.jpeg
    255.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 46C0A5AD-7668-402F-833F-60BE6506AEE9.jpeg
    46C0A5AD-7668-402F-833F-60BE6506AEE9.jpeg
    252.3 KB · Views: 7
  • C730678B-555E-46E6-B0EC-77B7EC5B1534.jpeg
    C730678B-555E-46E6-B0EC-77B7EC5B1534.jpeg
    257.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 0217476A-3FE7-4371-8A45-29BBE4EE3BC7.jpeg
    0217476A-3FE7-4371-8A45-29BBE4EE3BC7.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 8
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks