Perch

going on line

Has anyone been having succes fish perch alomg the north shore or at bluff bar?

The perch are definitely in Alon the north shore in the usual spots. I haven't been to bluffs for perch in over a month. Cheaper on gas to get to the north shore
😳 WOW!! 😱 and that’s a very nice catch @Extra Virgin !! πŸ‘πŸ‘ If you don’t mind,bring some of those perch here to my house for a perch fish fry!! πŸŸπŸŸπŸŸπŸ˜‹ I will supply the beverage & see you soon & 🍻 CHEERS!! 🍻 my friend!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ™‚

Attachments

• BA2C36DB-2200-466D-8183-F9FAF85EFB3C.jpeg
    BA2C36DB-2200-466D-8183-F9FAF85EFB3C.jpeg
    409.9 KB · Views: 46
I'm typically out perchin along the north shore every weekend, unless it's calm enough to troll the point this time of year.
A great game plan there @Extra Virgin !! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‰ You are protected there along the North shore from the prevailing North-North/West winds,because of the high cliffs for calmer water to fish in. πŸš€πŸŽ£πŸŸπŸŸπŸ‘πŸ‘ I usually target perch more in the Fall 🚀🎣🐟🐟 out on long point bay,& during the ice fishing season as well,if there is safe ice,on long point bay. A couple of day’s ago, I took some walleye’s out of my freezer & I had a walleye fry,to tie me over for now,πŸ˜ŒπŸŸπŸŸπŸ˜‹. I am now waiting to go back out onto Lake Erie,now that I have my boat back again from @Xtreme marine. But first,these winds will have to settle down again out on Lake Erie for calmer waters for fishing.🚀🎣🐟 I then will likely be fishing with a family member,for some more walleye’s & rainbow’s.🚀🎣🐟🐟🐟🀞🀞 Tight lines my friend & as always,enjoy your perch fry. πŸŸπŸŸπŸŸπŸŸπŸŸπŸ˜‹πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ™‚

Attachments

• 8F8F9CED-609D-479C-AFEA-ED3D0A8C20A7.jpeg
    8F8F9CED-609D-479C-AFEA-ED3D0A8C20A7.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 17
  • F4AC6F04-1E6C-4601-9884-DBBC8029E7FE.jpeg
    F4AC6F04-1E6C-4601-9884-DBBC8029E7FE.jpeg
    304.3 KB · Views: 12
  • F1632F85-B34D-467D-B536-72DE751C6FA9.jpeg
    F1632F85-B34D-467D-B536-72DE751C6FA9.jpeg
    262.4 KB · Views: 15
  • F6E965C1-A32E-428F-8BCA-4C784E64964E.jpeg
    F6E965C1-A32E-428F-8BCA-4C784E64964E.jpeg
    363.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Only a Hab’s fan would drink that beer.
lol πŸ˜‚ 🀣 @Could get Ugly !! πŸ‘πŸ‘ I think!! πŸ€” lol 😝 That beer has a β€œRED” label on it & it is brewed in Montreal!! πŸ‘πŸ˜ What else can I say!! Oh ya,we are still ahead of you, your Toronto Maple Leafs,and the Montreal Canadiens are the last Canadian team that had won the Stanley Cup. WOW!! 🀩 πŸ˜— lol 😝 πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ™‚

Attachments

• E209B421-5FCC-4C38-8E72-B293C381A2CA.jpeg
    E209B421-5FCC-4C38-8E72-B293C381A2CA.jpeg
    246.5 KB · Views: 1
What else can I say!! Oh ya,we are still ahead of you, your Toronto Maple Leafs,and the Montreal Canadiens are the last Canadian team that had won the Stanley Cup. WOW!! 🀩 πŸ˜— lol 😝 πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ™‚
OH NO YOU DON'T!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

How soon you forgot the history lessen I gave you on THAT just last year my friend. So I'll remind you again.;):ROFLMAO:

As a diehard TRUE leaf fan, I know the Leafs suck.:) But as I’ve said to MANY MontrΓ©al fans;

The Leaf fan is the greatest and best fan in the entire NHL. Why is this? Simple we know they suck, but they give that one thing that no other team in the league seems to give, the Leafs are consistent. They disappoint their fan base consistently every year.

They’re generally entertaining to watch, and in most games do just enough to lose. We expect it, we know it’s going to happen, but we still watch. Scotia Bank Place sells out for every game, whether the people show up or not (try to get a ticket.) We have hope that someday they’ll learn how to build a team that can win consistently and might even consistently make the playoffs and then win once they get there. They're getting closer, but they're not there yet. We know it. THEY know it.

All a true Leaf fan asks is that they compete which is unlike fans in Montreal who expect and demand their team to win the Stanley Cup at all costs every year. In total a team from Montreal has won the Stanley Cup 51 times, a team from Ottawa has won it 21 times and a team from Toronto 15 since 1893. However; that team in Montreal as we know it today has won the Stanley Cup 24 times and made the finals an additional 10 times, but they won most of them when there were only 6 teams in the league AND they’ve lost it those 10 times. The last time they won it was 1993; and as their fans are so quick to point out, that is still more recent than the current 55-year Championship drought that the Leafs are on.

When it comes right down to it though, the Canadian team to play in the Stanley Cup Final the most in the past 39 years (1983-2022) has NOT been Montreal, it’s been the Edmonton Oilers who have played for 7 cups and won 5, a better win loss ratio in Cup Final appearances than Montreal. A better win loss ratio in Stanley Cup Final appearances than ANY other NHL team.

No other team in the NHL has had as many Final appearances as they have had in that time. If we base the success of a team based on how many Stanley Cup appearances/wins they’ve had, then in the past 39 years, the best team in the NHL has been, based on appearances in the Final, the Edmonton Oilers with 7, followed by the Detroit, NJ, Boston, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Dallas, LA, Calgary, Chicago and then Montreal. Based on Stanley Cup wins since 1983….Edmonton with 5 still has the most Stanley Cups in that same time frame.

A Montreal Canadians, fan will say they’ve won it 2 of their last 3 trips to the final…….and this includes their last win in 1993… They’ll point out that at least their team makes the playoffs…….it’s expected, no DEMANDED they do so……not so with the Leafs, we just hope they can, and are both surprised and happy if they do.

The Montreal Canadians since their last win in 1993, until 2021 had NOT made it to the Cup Final. It's has now been 29 years since they last won the Cup, and while yes they currently have the distinction as being the last Canadian based team to win it, it is also true that the current Cup drought for the Habs is the longest time between Cup wins in Franchise History…(those aforementioned 29 years between Cup wins)….and their fans whine about it! True Leaf fans don't whine about the 55 years it's been for the Leafs. We just solemnly, but also hopefully say, "maybe next year."

When you compare the two teams, Toronto and Montreal, since that last Habs Cup win in 1993, 29 years ago, the Leafs have missed the playoffs 12 times. They years they made it, they lost in the first round 10 times (including each of the last 6 years.) They've made it to the Conference Final 4 times before losing and the second round 3 times before losing. NOBODY expected the Habs to come back and beat the Leafs in 2021. NOBODY. But it happened.

In comparison, Montreal in that time has missed the playoffs 11 times. The years they made it, they lost in the first round 9 times. They've made the Conference Final 3 times, losing twice when they got that far. They've made the second round 5 times before losing AND YES, while they won the Conference Final in 2021, that third time mentioned above........they couldn't and didn't finish the job, LOSING the Stanley Cup Final to Tampa.

Given the facts as listed above, it is a reasonable and logical statement to make that yes the Leafs suck more often than they don’t……BUT it is equally as reasonable and logical to say that the Montreal Canadians are and have been at best, an average or slightly better than average team…..for 39 years, but especially over the past 29 since their last Stanley Cup win…..

Given the calibre of the talent on that team, especially over the past 10 years with ONLY that lucky 1 Cup final appearance, and yes they were lucky and most Habs fans will admit that, although grudgingly, as they KNOW the Leafs had them at their mercy in 2021, (but Leafs fans also know, it's the Leafs so we weren't surprised when they blew it)……what are you bragging about? The Habs have been just like the Leafs at best.

A bunch of over paid, under achievers who just can’t seem to get the job done in the playoffs. …….It’s been 55 years and counting for the Leafs…29 for the Habs.....the difference...Leaf fans don’t expect that to change any time soon; and THAT is why the fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs is the BEST fan in the NHL bar none. We support the team no matter what. We DON'T expect them to win a Cup any time soon. We'd love it if they did, but we're realistic AND unlike Habs fans, Leaf fans don't continue to bring up past glory of an era and a time in the league, that no longer exists because WE know......those teams......that era and that time.........IS LONG GONE!!!!!!;):ROFLMAO:

Besides, any fan of ANY Canadian based team KNOWS..............as long as Gary Bettman is the commissioner of the NHL.........NO CANADIAN based team is going to win the Stanley Cup again. He won't allow it. That's why he refuses to expand into Canadian based markets. Bringing a team back to Winnipeg was good, but it wasn't an expansion. It was getting a failing team out of Atlanta (again) and putting it in a Canadian based market that was the best available option. He NEVER intended for Winnipeg to keep the team, but someone forgot to tell them that in Winnipeg and the team has done better this time around than they did before they lost their team to Arizona in 1996, which has been nothing but a headache for Bettman for years.

Arizona? Has it ever been a hockey market? NO!!! But Bettman is bending over backwards to make sure that team can survive there. Wonder why?

With the current population of London and the surrounding area, they could move that team in Arizona here to London and it would do far better than it has ever done in Arizona. Won't happen though. London doesn't have an NHL ready arena, and it's almost a given that Detroit and Toronto would have something to say about it. Same reason Hamilton doesn't have a team. Toronto and Buffalo had an issue with that.

Last edited:
☝️And that ladies and gentlemen is how you take a thread off the rails
and this is how you get it back on the rails.

I've done very well with catching perch this year, but it's been off the pier in Pt Bruce. I've heard from some of the boats that they had some success in 35 fow, but the commercial tugs have been out in force in the area since the start of the 'free week' at the beginning of the month, so I haven't heard quite so much in recent weeks about successes and I've heard NOTHING from anyone going to the Hastings area. I think most people who have had success with perch have kept it to themselves like they did last year.

The only one I've seen posting any real success from the other side of the Point has been @Extra Virgin. If I hadn't had the success I've had this year off my favorite pier, I might be persuaded to go try my luck down that-a-way somewhere, or at least been envious of the pictures he's posted :ROFLMAO:

OH NO YOU DON'T!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

How soon you forgot the history lessen I gave you on THAT just last year my friend. So I'll remind you again.;):ROFLMAO:

As a diehard TRUE leaf fan, I know the Leafs suck.:) But as I’ve said to MANY MontrΓ©al fans;

The Leaf fan is the greatest and best fan in the entire NHL. Why is this? Simple we know they suck, but they give that one thing that no other team in the league seems to give, the Leafs are consistent. They disappoint their fan base consistently every year.

They’re generally entertaining to watch, and in most games do just enough to lose. We expect it, we know it’s going to happen, but we still watch. Scotia Bank Place sells out for every game, whether the people show up or not (try to get a ticket.) We have hope that someday they’ll learn how to build a team that can win consistently and might even consistently make the playoffs and then win once they get there. They're getting closer, but they're not there yet. We know it. THEY know it.

All a true Leaf fan asks is that they compete which is unlike fans in Montreal who expect and demand their team to win the Stanley Cup at all costs every year. In total a team from Montreal has won the Stanley Cup 51 times, a team from Ottawa has won it 21 times and a team from Toronto 15 since 1893. However; that team in Montreal as we know it today has won the Stanley Cup 24 times and made the finals an additional 10 times, but they won most of them when there were only 6 teams in the league AND they’ve lost it those 10 times. The last time they won it was 1993; and as their fans are so quick to point out, that is still more recent than the current 55-year Championship drought that the Leafs are on.

When it comes right down to it though, the Canadian team to play in the Stanley Cup Final the most in the past 39 years (1983-2022) has NOT been Montreal, it’s been the Edmonton Oilers who have played for 7 cups and won 5, a better win loss ratio in Cup Final appearances than Montreal. A better win loss ratio in Stanley Cup Final appearances than ANY other NHL team.

No other team in the NHL has had as many Final appearances as they have had in that time. If we base the success of a team based on how many Stanley Cup appearances/wins they’ve had, then in the past 39 years, the best team in the NHL has been, based on appearances in the Final, the Edmonton Oilers with 7, followed by the Detroit, NJ, Boston, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Dallas, LA, Calgary, Chicago and then Montreal. Based on Stanley Cup wins since 1983….Edmonton with 5 still has the most Stanley Cups in that same time frame.

A Montreal Canadians, fan will say they’ve won it 2 of their last 3 trips to the final…….and this includes their last win in 1993… They’ll point out that at least their team makes the playoffs…….it’s expected, no DEMANDED they do so……not so with the Leafs, we just hope they can, and are both surprised and happy if they do.

The Montreal Canadians since their last win in 1993, until 2021 had NOT made it to the Cup Final. It's has now been 29 years since they last won the Cup, and while yes they currently have the distinction as being the last Canadian based team to win it, it is also true that the current Cup drought for the Habs is the longest time between Cup wins in Franchise History…(those aforementioned 29 years between Cup wins)….and their fans whine about it! True Leaf fans don't whine about the 55 years it's been for the Leafs. We just solemnly, but also hopefully say, "maybe next year."

When you compare the two teams, Toronto and Montreal, since that last Habs Cup win in 1993, 29 years ago, the Leafs have missed the playoffs 12 times. They years they made it, they lost in the first round 10 times (including each of the last 6 years.) They've made it to the Conference Final 4 times before losing and the second round 3 times before losing. NOBODY expected the Habs to come back and beat the Leafs in 2021. NOBODY. But it happened.

In comparison, Montreal in that time has missed the playoffs 11 times. The years they made it, they lost in the first round 9 times. They've made the Conference Final 3 times, losing twice when they got that far. They've made the second round 5 times before losing AND YES, while they won the Conference Final in 2021, that third time mentioned above........they couldn't and didn't finish the job, LOSING the Stanley Cup Final to Tampa.

Given the facts as listed above, it is a reasonable and logical statement to make that yes the Leafs suck more often than they don’t……BUT it is equally as reasonable and logical to say that the Montreal Canadians are and have been at best, an average or slightly better than average team…..for 39 years, but especially over the past 29 since their last Stanley Cup win…..

Given the calibre of the talent on that team, especially over the past 10 years with ONLY that lucky 1 Cup final appearance, and yes they were lucky and most Habs fans will admit that, although grudgingly, as they KNOW the Leafs had them at their mercy in 2021, (but Leafs fans also know, it's the Leafs so we weren't surprised when they blew it)……what are you bragging about? The Habs have been just like the Leafs at best.

A bunch of over paid, under achievers who just can’t seem to get the job done in the playoffs. …….It’s been 55 years and counting for the Leafs…29 for the Habs.....the difference...Leaf fans don’t expect that to change any time soon; and THAT is why the fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs is the BEST fan in the NHL bar none. We support the team no matter what. We DON'T expect them to win a Cup any time soon. We'd love it if they did, but we're realistic AND unlike Habs fans, Leaf fans don't continue to bring up past glory of an era and a time in the league, that no longer exists because WE know......those teams......that era and that time.........IS LONG GONE!!!!!!;):ROFLMAO:

Besides, any fan of ANY Canadian based team KNOWS..............as long as Gary Bettman is the commissioner of the NHL.........NO CANADIAN based team is going to win the Stanley Cup again. He won't allow it. That's why he refuses to expand into Canadian based markets. Bringing a team back to Winnipeg was good, but it wasn't an expansion. It was getting a failing team out of Atlanta (again) and putting it in a Canadian based market that was the best available option. He NEVER intended for Winnipeg to keep the team, but someone forgot to tell them that in Winnipeg and the team has done better this time around than they did before they lost their team to Arizona in 1996, which has been nothing but a headache for Bettman for years.

Arizona? Has it ever been a hockey market? NO!!! But Bettman is bending over backwards to make sure that team can survive there. Wonder why?

With the current population of London and the surrounding area, they could move that team in Arizona here to London and it would do far better than it has ever done in Arizona. Won't happen though. London doesn't have an NHL ready arena, and it's almost a given that Detroit and Toronto would have something to say about it. Same reason Hamilton doesn't have a team. Toronto and Buffalo had an issue with that.
😳WOW!! 😱 @Trevor M I don’t have time to read all of that right now,because it’s like reading a πŸ“• book!! 🧐 Which I never do!! 😌 LoL πŸ˜‚ I will perhaps read it later,πŸ€” because I am sorting out some of my Lake Erie fishing tackle right now,which is more important to me at this moment!! lol 😝 πŸ“•πŸ˜‰ I hope that you are not offended by this for me to wait to read your post later. πŸ˜ŒπŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ™‚

😳WOW!! 😱 @Trevor M I don’t have time to read all of that right now,because it’s like reading a πŸ“• book!! 🧐 Which I never do!! 😌 LoL πŸ˜‚ I will perhaps read it later,πŸ€” because I am sorting out some of my Lake Erie fishing tackle right now,which is more important to me at this moment!! lol 😝 πŸ“•πŸ˜‰ I hope that you are not offended by this for me to wait to read your post later. πŸ˜ŒπŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ™‚
Nah, that's ok Red.....I'd show you the movie IF I had a camera to make one with. Be quicker for sure :ROFLMAO: .but I don't so........

I was fartin around with my tackle before I read what YOU said prompting my response. I'm going to go back to that as soon as I finish getting the "honey do" list stuff done.....so that IF I decide to go park on the pier in the morning, the boss lady will "approve";):ROFLMAO:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks