Perch rig question

I usually use rapala jigging raps on the bottom and use those vmc spin shot hooks up about 12-14" above. I use a variety of 3/8-1/2oz ice fishing lures as the bottom lure with good success.

How's this look? I'll use a ball swivel at the top. Palamor knots used at all knots. Overall length about 14". And hooks to be adjusted to what the fishes tell ya. Couldn't find any hooks I liked at local CT so I bought these and cut the line off. 20180429_174533.jpg20180429_174506.jpg20180429_174952.jpg

Looks good they'll catch perch! Maybe just maybe a little more spacing between hooks, I run closer to a foot apart but that's just what I've always used.

Should work , but I found that the jumbos didn’t like the drop shot rigs as much , don’t ask me why but they didn’t.
The guys using drop shots in my boat may get a jumbo or two , the guys using pickerel rigs were getting double header after double header of jumbos
I think it may be that there is no resistance on the hook with pickerel rigs and the jumbo perch could lightly pick them up and hold on them for a second or two before I set the hooks on the buggers !!!
My two cents , or a nickel now a days

I'm off to sail and bass pro today. (I'm driving by bother rather) lol. What rod would you recommend for perch? I'm thinking the cheapest graphite medium light fast action rod?

I have seveal different perch rods I choose from , ranging in size from 5.6 ft up to 8 ft
the smaller ones for jigging , 8 ft for when the bite is really light and a few 6 ft for something different
medium light action with some back bone !
good luck in your search , eventually you will find a favourite that you won't do without

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks