perch in a row boat

paddle maker

Where is the best place to get perch in port rowan lonpoint area if you have a 14 foot aluminum boat and no motor?

Young man, I've met you and you are a nice young gentleman. There are others I would highly recommend paddling out a mile in a tinny, and wish they would. Not you, take @stomps advice and don't do it. We spoke about responsibility, making ones own decisions and risk. Your firefighter friends don't want to get that page. PM me, I have an idea.

Johnny D.

I have seen guys not too far out from Normandale pier, in a small boat and canoe. Has to be really calm I'd think to go out but doable. I've thought about taking a canoe out there myself.
Any thoughts guys?

I have seen guys not too far out from Normandale pier, in a small boat and canoe. Has to be really calm I'd think to go out but doable. I've thought about taking a canoe out there myself.
Any thoughts guys?

I take my kayak out from Normandale all the time once bass season opens. I have a trolling motor and generally don't go more than a half mile or so from shore. I have bright "mango" kayak and a safety flag for a little visibility. You really have to watch the wind out there though. I've seen it go from glass calm to whitecaps in half an hour or less. Once I see the first hint of whitecaps I'm heading back to shore.

I know a few guys who fish off Normandale in small boats and do well for perch. Not sure where they access from exactly though?! Could be an option.

You can launch right from Normandale pier if it's light enough for 2 guys to carry it.
Last time there an older guy carried/ dragged his in by himself...

I'd be willing to try a canoe out there on a calm day.

Back