Peace River Hunting Trip

MichaelLudwig

Over a year ago now, my daughter took on the job of editor at Western Sportsman magazine. One of the perks of the job is that she gets comp'd on a lot of gear and trips.
A couple months ago she was on a fly-in fishing trip 60 miles northeast of Yellowknife. They caught some pretty awesome fish, pike, lake trout, and walleye, and as you can see by the attached picture, she's not much of a fisherman ... yet!
Another recent perk is that she got all new archery gear. Bow, arrows, quiver, etc. I don't know much about archery, but apparently she's pretty good at it.
The most important perk, at least in my opinion, is that she just got comp'd on a 3 day duck and goose hunt in the Peace River area ... and guess who gets to go along FREE !!!
I'll be flying out of Hamilton on the 17th to Edmonton, then we drive 6 hours north to the lodge. First class accommodations all the way. We hunt, morning and afternoon, for 3 days then drive back to Edmonton and I fly back on the 22nd. Should be a great trip and I hope to be able to share lots of photos when I get back.

Attachments

• s Fish.jpg
    s Fish.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 23
Hello Michael,

I know a colleague who lived and practiced in that area of Alberta and he told me that the duck and goose hunting is great.

I wish you all the best on your trip.

Jerome

Well, I'm back :)
We'll start off with a photo ... what's wrong with this picture ???

Attachments

• IMG_4680.JPG
    IMG_4680.JPG
    196 KB · Views: 27
That is a great photo !
Cant beat Mallard shooting out west , The only bad thing is 2 flocks like that and your limited out and its all over

Thanks Glen ... my daughter took all the pics so I can't take credit for those. The shooting however is not as easy as it looks. It would have been nice to be in pit blinds, or any type of stand up blind, however, we were using coffin blinds. By the time you get the coffin open, your gun shouldered, and your first bird picked out, they are well into flaring, so you are stuck shooting at birds that are making altitude and not wasting anytime doing it. Pretty hard to get more than one at a time like that ... Lord knows we burned enough powder trying !!!
The acrobatic duck ... At this point he was aerodynamically challenged. He was carrying too much high speed steel to be showing off, although he did look pretty handsome in the dog's mouth ... LOL

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks