Parking Petition

l sent in my email & got a response from Betty that sounded like a pile of crap ...all about the encroachment ,,& says things down there is like a dogs breakfast... REALLY.....

I received a really good sounding e-mail from Charlie Luke this morning
But to be honest, I'm not too surprised
If you follow some of the council meetings, he's a really down to earth, respectable guy
I agree with him to allow parking on one side of the roadway only
A Job well done goes out to Charlie Luke!
Keep up the good work!

Unfortunately, Attached to every Norfolk County e-mail has the following legal note attached;

Disclaimer: This e-mail and any attachments may contain personal information or information that is otherwise confidential and it’s intended for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of any part of it is prohibited. Norfolk County accepts no liability for damage caused by any virus transmitted in this message. If this e-mail is received in error, please immediately reply and delete or destroy any copies of it. The transmission of e-mails between an employee or agent of Norfolk County and a third party does not constitute a binding contract without the express written consent of an authorized representative of The Corporation of Norfolk County.

But trust me when I say, the statements in his e-mail were all positive for both parties regarding the parking issues
Not 1 comment about and encroachment issues
I wish I could post Betty's e-mail, it sounds like all of us who received an e-mail got the exact same one
Gotta love copy and paste!

Awsome...another summer of getting blocked in or out of my driveway when the boat and trailer are attached and a car is parked across the street. A victory for ALL....lmao.

Awsome...another summer of getting blocked in or out of my driveway when the boat and trailer are attached and a car is parked across the street. A victory for ALL....lmao.
I think you are taking this wrong. No one wants you blocked in and that isn't what we want. we do want to park along the vacant lots no parking signs along the cottages will mean no parking for you or your guests either. I know most on Hastings but I don't think we know each other, lets have a beer, I will buy:)

I'd imagine, any parking allowed on Hastings would be some sort of a defeat to a degree for you by the sounds of it (reading mixed posts)
You do realize you do not own the rights or pay taxes to the property across the road to you?
you can't really expect people to realize that you might have a boat to back in later in the day when you return, if they didn't see you leave with one in the first place(even if they are fishermen or people walking the beach or are the the neighbours visitors ?)
Is your cottage near the Norfolk owned lots that people use as access points?, perhaps it is one that is involved in the encroachment section of this petition
Specific parking signage could help you definitely with your specific problem easily, but to close the entire road is not the answer

Last edited:
@hardcore, I absolutely understand we don't own the road. My issues are simply one side of a two sided problem. I understand why people want to park along Hastings and how an out right parking ban is NOT the answer. What I do not want is for people to over look the fact that, well few, there are cottages along hasting, and AS tax payers, we do have some rights just as the rest of the point does. In the past, parking bylaws have been created because there simply is just not enough room to park and also allow for a flow of traffic. As an owner, I do expect the county to recognize these issues and being in cottage country, boat, trailers and RV's are not an uncommon thing to see. These factors should be taken into consideration when decisions are made, and while I do not own these roads, I do believe we deserve fair and reasonable access to out properties via these road. Just as yourself and everyone who else who pays taxes in this province.

I would like to reinforce the fact that I am not againt parking along Hastings and knce again mention that it is the few that ruin it for the many.

For those of us actively involved in this subject, for the most part we are all patrons of LP nad have probably been for for many years (over 40 myself). I do realize that this is a fishing forum and because of that, this subject get overshadowed from the want to access the Lake on our weekends.

I've said it before and mean it 100%, I love seeing all these boats out here enjoying the waters, that is part of the cottage life for me. It is fun and a lot safer having other boats out there. When not on the water I often chill on our deck, enjoy a few "pops" and ALWAYS have our binoculars with me, not only for sight seeing, but always looking for signs of trouble. I've sat for over an hour in the past watching 12fters out there thjnking it was a matter of time untill we had to put the boat in and go help. LUCKILY, this has nver had to happed.

How about this, issue parking passes to 6-8 members only and stomp can inforce, mitigate anď pass punishments on infractions. :)

How about this, issue parking passes to 6-8 members only and stomp can inforce, mitigate anď pass punishments on infractions. :)

I have enough trouble moderating the discussion here... but, would this be a salaried position? Maybe I could set up a toll booth?

:D:D
I have enough trouble moderating the discussion here... but, would this be a salaried position? Maybe I could set up a toll booth?
Maybe a "Troll Booth" you could man it..................:D:D:eek:

@hardcore, I absolutely understand we don't own the road. My issues are simply one side of a two sided problem. I understand why people want to park along Hastings and how an out right parking ban is NOT the answer. What I do not want is for people to over look the fact that, well few, there are cottages along hasting, and AS tax payers, we do have some rights just as the rest of the point does. In the past, parking bylaws have been created because there simply is just not enough room to park and also allow for a flow of traffic. As an owner, I do expect the county to recognize these issues and being in cottage country, boat, trailers and RV's are not an uncommon thing to see. These factors should be taken into consideration when decisions are made, and while I do not own these roads, I do believe we deserve fair and reasonable access to out properties via these road. Just as yourself and everyone who else who pays taxes in this province.

Hasting drive road allowance is actually very narrow compared to newer 2 way traffic standards set by the provincial government
even if no one was parked on the roadway boundry , it would still be a little difficult to back a trailer into a lane way without over exceeding the road allowance boundary (it can be done, especially if there is no encroachment issue going on, or depending on the entrance of the driveway)
This is why Norfolk County has to try and assign temporary variances to the roadway, so that property owners can still be able to do things like this(I say temporary, because of a restriction of a new building built after one is lost)
If for some reason,CWS protests this (more than likely not), then no variances cannot be altered with road allowances
Like I said in my previous post, specific signage posted across from your cottage is the best option for your issue
But until the signage is changed, no one parking there is doing anything illegal, so you can't put the blame on them

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks