Parking pass fees.....

Jello

So they're finally hitting us up to park inside the park eh? What a crock!

I realize its not the fault of the LPWU/LPWA, but at a time when the unit is trying to get new folk to hunt here, its gonna cost an average Joe and his hunting partner $50.00 for the day if they hunt the park side.

I was waiting for this thread. Things do seem to be climbing in price. B Zone is also $20 this year - I disagree with this adjustment more than the ramp/parking fees. At least $20 to hunt A zone guarantees you the spot you pick and two feed ponds; the parking fees provide you with a parking spot in the park and boat ramp; but B Zone gives you nothing but the hassle of having to drive 20kms back and forth to the park to check in to hunt what would normally be considered federal land with no provincial services provided like those of A Zone. That's my rant to add to this thread.

ok so i will try to addrss this as best i can , we had a good discussion about this on Camo day . Jello i agree it was a hit on the parking fee to hunt the walk outs but the good thing is there is lots of water this year and if you are hunting 3,4,5,6,or 7 or even 2 you could still launch your boat at howie and not park in the park . The other opton is to buy the fall parking pass at 53.00 bucks i think that is correct if you split that with a partner then it is 25.00 each for the season . Eveyone has taken a bit of a hit this year .
Adjustments had to be made and this will put us in a better place at seasons end . The biggest isssue is alot of guys that hunt the walk outs are the guys that cant afford boats and are guys that are just starting out and i agree that an extra fee for a park pass is a hit to them . As for B- zone the park made the disission to make that fee the same as A zone .

As a new member of the unit I expect that my perception of it is different than that of the long term members.

I live in Port Perry and it is a three hour drive for me from my home to the "Unit", in all probability it will cost me more in gas than membership and attendant fees. I feel truly fortunate that I was able to join your ranks and become a member of a club that has the opportunity to hunt one of the most storied waterfowl areas in the country. The whole area is steeped in Waterfowling Tradition and the history is palpable as I drive through the area. I envy those of you fortunate enough to have been exposed to that environment long term and those of you who are residents.

I appreciate the comments regarding the parking and increased fees but in this day and age of declining areas to hunt and the changing population demographics, I feel very lucky to have access to the LPWA and all it has to offer. Thank you for having me.

Best regards to all,
Daniel Banting

Daniel, you are very welcome. I like your attitude and hope to meet you in the office or line-up. Like others I wish things could stay the same as they were when I started hunting the Unit over 25 years ago. But they won't and they can't. My opinion is one of the reason recent changes seem a bit harsh is we had it so good for so long. I believe I am correct that if a bird watcher or beach hiker parks their car in the Park they have always had to pay to park. For some reason an exception was made for waterfowlers which in this day and age is difficult to justify for public servants. I wish it did not have to go up but understand why it does. It is still cheaper than a round of golf most places and given a choice between a day on a golf course or in the marsh its an easy decision for me. At least in the marsh I usually bring home supper, all I do is loose balls on the golf course.

I purchased a fall pass on Saturday ($54), not really concerned about the cost, but it does really slow Fred down in the morning
Parking pass is needed just to be in the line up also I heard, is that true????
Only complaint is that the pass is only valid for only 1 of my vehicles
I should have the option of adding another plate number, if I am able to provide an ownership proving that it is indeed my vehicle

Hey everyone
This is my first post, decided to stop sitting on the sidelines!
I personally would take the chance of getting a ticket in the park
I know guys that use the park ramp every friday and Saturday and have never been charged to use it!
They don't even hunt the unit, only little rice
Worrying over nothing I think

Hello, I went out for my first Ducking Hunting experience on October 1st. I live about an hour drive away and also was shocked to find out that after I paid my reservation fee, my $20 I also had to pay to use the park. Unfortunately I would have to go more than 5 times to make the season parking pass worth it. I love hunting, but I cant see myself doing a lot of hunting at $50.00+ a pop. Hardcore, when you pick your blind in the morning, if you don't pay the day pass they don't ticket you, however, when you report back you are responsible then to pay the outstanding fee. There is no option.

They only get it IF you are hunting the marsh ran by the park
Guys I know, hunt outside the park
Therefore they drive from home straight to the ramp, hunt for the day, then drive straight back home..... No office check in required

Hello Guys,

I stated at the LPWA Annual General Meeting several years ago when we were discussing the LPWMU's financials and a potential fee increase that Presqu'ile Provincial Park charged $13.50 (per person) to rent a blind plus $7.50 for a parking pass in 2003 for a total of $21.00. At the time of that discussion (2007 or 2008) the LPWMU was charging $15.00 (per person) to rent a blind which included parking within the park. There was a general reluctance to increase the fees at that time and the Long Point Provincial Park superintendent stated that he wanted to keep the park fees down to encourage the public to use the unit.

There was the option at Presqu'ile Provincial Park of leaving the park to launch your boat at the public launch but then they started to request a donation ($5.00) to help cover the cost of the recent improvements to the public launch. Furthermore the park had recently closed down the man made boat launch within the park leaving only a rough canoe launch to the marsh or a rough natural open area to Lake Ontario which was unprotected from the winds. There is an old saying that "the piper must be paid" ... one way or another.

I understand that you can purchase a yearly pass ($110.00) for use of the Long Point Provincial Park boat launch which includes vehicle and trailer parking at the launch site. This may be what some individuals are doing.

The "self serve" method of hunter registration was established many years ago at Presqu'ile Provincial Park as the most effective way to reduce operating costs while maintaining the registration fees as low as possible. I have previously suggested this option for the LPWMU and this option could be phased in as it was at Presqu'ile Provincial Park. I suspect that it will be just a matter of time before the "self serve" method of hunter registration that the LPWMU now has at the end of the season is extended into the regular season.

I suspect that the park fees will be a topic of discussion at our next AGM in the spring.

Jerome

You have to go to the main office & ask to buy a fall permit for parking
(Not sure about online)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks