Paint for aluminum boat….. camo of course.

How much does a gallon of Parker's cost ? Do you have to prime the boat first if using it , if so what does it cost ? If using a spraying unit do you need a thinner for the paint ?

How much does a gallon of Parker's cost ? Do you have to prime the boat first if using it , if so what does it cost ? If using a spraying unit do you need a thinner for the paint ?
I think it works out to about $60 Canadian a gallon, I just sanded, no primer. Used an air gun and used thinners

Right on ! 60 bucks a gallon seems to be a fair price as far as paint goes and sanding sure helps it stick. I sometimes give the boat a wash down using TSP and rinse it really good. Very caustic stuff but eats the grime and slime right off it. I think it killed the weeds in the driveway too ?

Long ago our nieghbour at the cottage owned a StarCraft just like yours, excellent boats, very well made !

Yes, I think it’s going to work out. I called and they didn’t think there would be an issue. I haven’t physically gone in yet, but I hope to do so Monday afternoon.
Well I spoke too soon. Gents in the Hamilton store went above and beyond to see what they can do and it doesn’t look like it’s available in Canada. Gave me some US stores in Buff. If I wanted to bring it across the border.

Guess I’m going Parker’s Hunter Green as a base and Krylon rattle cans.

Well I spoke too soon. Gents in the Hamilton store went above and beyond to see what they can do and it doesn’t look like it’s available in Canada. Gave me some US stores in Buff. If I wanted to bring it across the border.

Guess I’m going Parker’s Hunter Green as a base and Krylon rattle cans.
Let me reach out to a friend I spoke with on the weekend who knows a sherwin williams industrial rep about the paint.

An appropriate name "Duck Shit Brown" aka Tan/ Beige/ Khaki and good for the whole season. As for going the extra mile and doing an overlay of cammo on the sides of the boat ? It looks cool but depending where you hunt or how you grass your boat it may not make a difference. If a duck is that low to the water to see it ... he should be a dead duck.

I
An appropriate name "Duck Shit Brown" aka Tan/ Beige/ Khaki and good for the whole season. As for going the extra mile and doing an overlay of cammo on the sides of the boat ? It looks cool but depending where you hunt or how you grass your boat it may not make a difference. If a duck is that low to the water to see it ... he should be a dead duck.
You don’t “need” a camo paint job, but it’s a fun project to mess around with in the off-season.

Can’t fish everyday!

I hear ya Bugzy ! We don't need too but where's the fun in that, right ? LoL ! I've done 3 tone cammo jobs on my boats in the past and the concept is a good one as the better you blend in the harder it is for them to see you and a customized paint job on your ducker is always cool ! As I'm retired now and on a fixed income I will go with a 10 or 20 dollar can of paint off the return shelf if I can get it and forgo the extras.

Oh... I did put a Channel 68 decal on the transom, does that count as an extra ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks