Fishing Report Out of Hibernation a little early this year

We got to 150 before we ran out of bait!! What a great day when the wind quit blowing now and then!! Good seeing you out as it's kinda like Wiarton Willie prediting perch season is here!!

Attachments

• 20240415_114739.jpg
    20240415_114739.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 20240415_110445.jpg
    20240415_110445.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 20240415_110533.jpg
    20240415_110533.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 20240415_161125.jpg
    20240415_161125.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 47
Was at bronte pier 2 days ago in the sunshine. Guys were slammin Browns on the lake side and a bunch of big smallies caught behind the pier. Saw a pig smallie caught on a moonshine spoon when I was there

Hey @Derkd9 what batter did you use on your perch? Looks great! I use Fish Crisp Italian flavor but always looking for new recipes.
Congrats on a great day out!

We got to 150 before we ran out of bait!! What a great day when the wind quit blowing now and then!! Good seeing you out as it's kinda like Wiarton Willie prediting perch season is here!!
It was good seeing you out as well, but I feel bad now, well almost, :whistle: saying "HEY UGLY" when we pulled up alongside when you've kind of likened me to a "cute lil critter" as my wife once referred to groundhogs as being. But then again, IF I said, "hey there cutie" when we pulled alongside........Mrs Tailfeathers might give BOTH of us that look neither of us wanna see from either of our wives.:ROFLMAO:

I should be on the pier for the first time sometime within the next 10-15 days weather permitting (unless of course you're in need a counter weight on the boat after I get paid a week from Friday :ROFLMAO:) and as I said in another post, my wife will begin her first week of vacation this year on the 9th at quittin time, so if the weather cooperates, and we aren't doing anything or going anywhere, I'll probably be able to get there a couple times that week. (she still hasn't told me/decided what we're going to do/where we're going, if anything/anywhere, that week.)

I've almost got that list done now. Just the porch, which is always a full day job, and one that does me in for a day or two after, and a couple smaller things that don't take that long left to do, and then I can go fishin WHENEVER I WANT.....(within reason)

The pier was pretty yesterday.
Pretty dead.
It's early still. Even when I do go to the pier that first time, (usually around the last weekend of this month or early next month) it's early, and I don't expect much so when I have an "ok day" meaning I caught something, and I don't even care what on that first trip to the pier, it's a bonus. The first time out is more to make sure stuff is working right, but since I've already determined that to be the case, the only thing I really need to test when I go the first time this year is the minnow net :ROFLMAO:

Oh and welcome to the Forum @pierguy :)

IF you're who I think you are (signed your name so it kind of gives it away) it's about time you joined. :ROFLMAO:

So did you sit in "my spot" and wet a line, or did you just go for a look see?

Hey @Derkd9 what batter did you use on your perch? Looks great! I use Fish Crisp Italian flavor but always looking for new recipes.
Congrats on a great day out!
Dust fillets with the Zatarains
Dip in egg white
Press crushed lays potato onto the fillets

Fry in frying pan with a bit of butter and canola oil
I’m guessing you could deep fry as well I just haven’t tried it

You can also skip the egg white and and lays potato chips and just fry the dusted fillets and it makes a nice crispy coating
You can see a couple in my original pick in the top right corner. I had run out of chips and didn’t want to open a new bag for a few fillets

IMG_9225.jpeg

Oh and welcome to the Forum @pierguy :)

IF you're who I think you are (signed your name so it kind of gives it away) it's about time you joined. :ROFLMAO:

So did you sit in "my spot" and wet a line, or did you just go for a look see?
Got my own spot, thanks!!
Worked both corners and both sides, nada.
Minnows on the beach side.
And lots of fresh air.
Didn't see you there, dead giveaway.

Got my own spot, thanks!!
Worked both corners and both sides, nada.
Minnows on the beach side.
And lots of fresh air.
Didn't see you there, dead giveaway.
I'll be there soon. Just a few things left to do around here and if the weather cooperates, they'll be done by the end of next week and since my wife is already very much aware that I wanna go, once I get them done, she won't say no when I let her know when I'm going.

Dust fillets with the Zatarains
Dip in egg white
Press crushed lays potato onto the fillets

Fry in frying pan with a bit of butter and canola oil
I’m guessing you could deep fry as well I just haven’t tried it

You can also skip the egg white and and lays potato chips and just fry the dusted fillets and it makes a nice crispy coating
You can see a couple in my original pick in the top right corner. I had run out of chips and didn’t want to open a new bag for a few fillets

View attachment 85874
Zatarain's is good stuff, been using it for a few years now. Where are you able to source your Zatarain's?

That's a bit of a drive. I'll need to confirm with my wife, but I believe we get ours at MennoMex, corner of Hacienda Road, & Hwy #3, east end of Aylmer.
Yaah id like to try some of the other kinds, they only have the one at GFS but I don’t go just for the Zatarains there’s a number of items I like to get in the USA and that tub lasts me years. 2.6kg hahaha
I forget the price but next time I’m there I’ll pay more attention.
What size containers does the mennamex sell? And do you recall the prices?
From my home, GFS in Port Huron is only a little over an hour drive

Yaah id like to try some of the other kinds, they only have the one at GFS but I don’t go just for the Zatarains there’s a number of items I like to get in the USA and that tub lasts me years. 2.6kg hahaha
I forget the price but next time I’m there I’ll pay more attention.
What size containers does the mennamex sell? And do you recall the prices?
From my home, GFS in Port Huron is only a little over an hour drive
Same size tub, I'll check their pricing next time I stop in for one of their delicious breakfast burritos, they're just 3 miles from my place.

I was there that day. YOU didn't break it, you pulled on the line and it fell apart where it wasn't supposed too.

The new one looks similar to the one I might get next week when I get paid, if it's still there when I go to get it.
How much $ is the one you are planning to get?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks