Opening Bass and Beyond

fishsmith

Not looking too good for opening bass-- High winds and rain. Then lots of rain for two weeks. I look forward to opening so much-- favourite day of the year. This weather really sucks. I don't mind the rain that much-- I bought a new mustang rain suit last year and haven't really used it much-- I start my vacation this weekend and looks like I'm really going to get put it to the test. Although with these winds I'm unlikely to head out on Saturday. I just hope that people who do decide to go out realize what they are getting into just to catch some fish.
Still a couple days to go hopefully the weather changes a bit
thanks for reading my vent

My holidays start this weekend aswell
Rented a place with a boat house.. doubt I’ll even get the boat in the water until Monday
What a waste

Yeah I'm camping this weekend and was planning a bass marathon. Doesn't look good.

At this point I'm checking the forecast every 30 minutes hoping for change lol
I also keep checking all the time. Sometimes it changes same day and usually not as windy as they are predicting that day but at this rate I think it still going to be bad. I was heading out tomorrow to do some scouting with my graphs on where to start on Saturday almost thinks it pointless now. Still going to do it though

Hoping I can at least launch my boat Friday and get it to the dock lol
So if winds die down at any point I’m good to go… 🤔

Yeah I'm camping this weekend and was planning a bass marathon. Doesn't look good.

At this point I'm checking the forecast every 30 minutes hoping for change lol

As someone who works outside every day and relies on accurate forecasts (excavation and pouring concrete), I say play it day by day and the meteorologists are horrible at their jobs. They’re close to being right half the time at best.

As someone who works outside every day and relies on accurate forecasts (excavation and pouring concrete), I say play it day by day and the meteorologists are horrible at their jobs. They’re close to being right half the time at best.
Agreeed... looks choppy but there are some isolated spots that are fishable. Things can change quick

Taking the boat down Thursday and leave it at a buddies cottage. Thinking Saturday will be a bust. Hoping for some action Sunday. Doesn’t look as bad Sunday. Tuesday next week looks decent but that’s a long way off.

Same here. I'm considering cancelling and saving the time off for later.

At least that will make my work happy. :cautious:

Yah I don’t even think that’s an option for me lol and I’d likely lose money cancelling the cottage rental too lol
Sorry it’s my fault I jinxed it talking to my buddy few weeks ago I said “if we get 50km/hour winds I’m going to be very upset”

I’m over due for this holiday since I refuse to take one in February with nothing to do.

I haven’t had any time off since the fall.

Like others have said tho things could change storm could track differently hard to say just gotta wait it out

Yah I don’t even think that’s an option for me lol and I’d likely lose money cancelling the cottage rental too lol
Sorry it’s my fault I jinxed it talking to my buddy few weeks ago I said “if we get 50km/hour winds I’m going to be very upset”

I’m over due for this holiday since I refuse to take one in February with nothing to do.

I haven’t had any time off since the fall.
Same here no time off from work since august last year. Partly my fault as I take all my vacation in the summer but that's as I have nothing I want to do in winter

The weather forecast tends to slip a little bit forward by half a day, so the rain may as well start later on Sat. The wind however... Yikes! Erie must be on lockdown...

Not looking too good for opening bass-- High winds and rain. Then lots of rain for two weeks. I look forward to opening so much-- favourite day of the year. This weather really sucks. I don't mind the rain that much-- I bought a new mustang rain suit last year and haven't really used it much-- I start my vacation this weekend and looks like I'm really going to get put it to the test. Although with these winds I'm unlikely to head out on Saturday. I just hope that people who do decide to go out realize what they are getting into just to catch some fish.
Still a couple days to go hopefully the weather changes a bit
thanks for reading my vent
Hi Fishsmith, sorry about bass opening, for next weeks the forecast is too far in advance & usually always changes, there might be a day or two the weather might let us out, the big question is will it change for the good or bad, hopefully GOOD
I don't go for opening bass, usually far to busy, I wait for the following week, much less hassle.

Same here no time off from work since august last year. Partly my fault as I take all my vacation in the summer but that's as I have nothing I want to do in winter
You don’t like ice fishing @fishsmith ?? It is fun & the ice fishing season can help speed away the winter month’s. 🎣🐟👍😎

Attachments

• 32F5B767-16F7-4F8A-B007-6728D02049E8.jpeg
    32F5B767-16F7-4F8A-B007-6728D02049E8.jpeg
    173.4 KB · Views: 2
  • F9B9E1CA-8D01-4606-8201-8A2B9F23AC04.jpeg
    F9B9E1CA-8D01-4606-8201-8A2B9F23AC04.jpeg
    384.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 55D00D56-ECCC-43C0-AD6A-285BC6BCFF71.jpeg
    55D00D56-ECCC-43C0-AD6A-285BC6BCFF71.jpeg
    227.1 KB · Views: 2
Back