Opee Chee Lake

moosey

I rented a cottage near martin river area next month ,just wondering if anyone here has fished it, any info would be great. I have a little too much lake Erie tackle not enough inland lake tackle need to go shopping.

I got a couple 3 lb smallies on 7 colours / blueberry muffin in Beauchene last week. So don't rule out that Erie stuff. Red fins catch anywhere.

Thanks, will be bringing a little bit of the erie stuff and jigs and twister tails, the wife says I need to leave room for other stuff, lol

I rented a cottage near martin river area next month ,just wondering if anyone here has fished it, any info would be great. I have a little too much lake Erie tackle not enough inland lake tackle need to go shopping.
I haven’t fished Opee Chee but spent most of my summers on Red Cedar Lake up there. Standard northern stuff should work. jigs,works, harnesses etc
Definitely take a little Erie stuff. Take a drive to “Gramps” just south of Temagami awesome tackle shop with everything you need for the area. Enjoy your time it’s a great area to fish

As in Horizon's North? Went there a few years in a row about 10 years ago. Cabbage in the am with spinners (east end of the lake closest to the cottages). There is a hump off the shoal as you head into the main body of the lake, - drift it. The second island can be productive in wind conditions -and frustrating in calm. The river between the two lakes is productive. Never did manage to crack the second lake. Lots of Marks.
Minnows for bass in tight - everything else was ignored. If you get up early enough - a good chance of seeing moose and this time of year. Used keel weights to get down quickly.

Yes it is Horizons north we are going to, thanks for the great info I am looking forward to it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks