Off Topic - Seeking accommodation info Leamington area

BallEye2

Just reaching out to see if any members can suggest a trailer park or alternative in the Leamington or Port Glasgow area.
Looking to go middle of June - 15th.

Given how good pickerel fishing was last year and with predictions for this season being even better a friend and I are considering forgoing the annual trip to the north (Timmins area) to fish Erie for a week or so. Needing a place to park a 5th wheel - and in close proximity to a good dock. Fully understand Erie's fickle nature and the fact that the weather might shorebound us a day or two - but weighing our options. 3 hr drive or 11 hr drive? Fishing being what it was last year on Erie - seems a shame to not explore more of it.
The areas themselves don't compare (they are distinctly different scenarios and each has their own merit) - and the north is quiet, few people and you can fish every day - even in a "bad" storm - thinking about changing it up for a year.

Any assistance you could provide would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Balleye

x 2 for Erieau. Good walleye catches in the middle of June in Erieau. Even some rainbows to be had. Check out the launch and camping area on the west side of the cut coming in from the lake. There's a launch on the east side too but don't think there is any place for camping. Maybe someone else can comment regarding camping. You may have to launch and remove your boat each day as I believe transient slips are limited and are usually booked up way in advance. Even if you have to the launch every day on the west side the launch fee was pretty reasonable last year.

There are a couple of camp grounds at Glasgow but nothing right close to the docking and launch. There all top of the hill and down the road. June 15th might be a little early in the season for good catches of walleye at Glasgow. July is typically a better month for them. I think there is only 1 or 2 transient slips available to rent there. Good luck.

x 2 for Erieau. Good walleye catches in the middle of June in Erieau. Even some rainbows to be had. Check out the launch and camping area on the west side of the cut coming in from the lake. There's a launch on the east side too but don't think there is any place for camping. Maybe someone else can comment regarding camping. You may have to launch and remove your boat each day as I believe transient slips are limited and are usually booked up way in advance. Even if you have to the launch every day on the west side the launch fee was pretty reasonable last year.

There are a couple of camp grounds at Glasgow but nothing right close to the docking and launch. There all top of the hill and down the road. June 15th might be a little early in the season for good catches of walleye at Glasgow. July is typically a better month for them. I think there is only 1 or 2 transient slips available to rent there. Good luck.
Thanks for the reply BlackEyes. Will look into your suggestions. Was thinking of staying for mid-June fishing given if I recall correctly pickerel were being caught mid-June last year out of Burwell. Figure if that is the case they have to be had west as well. Will keep my eyes on Stomps and decide as we get closer. Love the north - have been going almost every year for over 20 years....the scenery, the fishing, the people - it's just that damn drive.......and I have fish next door.........why drive, right? Thanks again.

There is a trailer park or two outside of Leamington
One might be technically Kingsville
Fishing will be in full swing in the western basin
Weather is a bit less volatile there and it's only a hour to lake stclair if the winds push you there
Not to far to Wheatley either if you want to go deeper

Have been hitting Leamington aria for many years. Have done the trailer thing and found cost pretty much the same but the time you hall and set up. I’ve always stayed at golden Akers motel great location for coldchester Leamington. If Leamington is not playing nice call Wheatley harbour seam to get rainbow over there.

Have been hitting Leamington aria for many years. Have done the trailer thing and found cost pretty much the same but the time you hall and set up. I’ve always stayed at golden Akers motel great location for coldchester Leamington. If Leamington is not playing nice call Wheatley harbour seam to get rainbow over there.

Attachments

• 3E412AF5-2258-4956-AA0E-C29E3BDF5204.png
    3E412AF5-2258-4956-AA0E-C29E3BDF5204.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
Thanks for the info Filletshow. Motel crossed my mind - given fuel to haul, camp site, etc. Will surely give your info consideration. Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers,
Balleye

Back