Off topic - blowing fuses on Scotty downriggers

Maestrolaker

Hello all:

Have a pair of Scotty 4 yr old elec riggers. Seems the auto retrieve is not disengaging when ball is up and blowing fuses.

Been working fine then one starting tripping Friday and now both?

Will start the research journey but thought I would tap the wealth of knowledge in the forum if others have solved same issues.

Thanks,
Maestrolaker

Do you still have the plastic shut off clips on the cables? That's what shuts off mine as they pass through the switch.

I have scotties and love them. Only problem i had is had to replace the lcd counter in one unit. That sounds weird some sort of electric problem with the shut off switch. Post when you find out the problem thanks. Scotties of course guarenteed for life. Check and see if authorized dealer near you. Best of luck

Think I might be having a seniors moment. Checked both this am and seems my trigger stops are gone. Suspect when I get this cleaned up all will be good again. I too love these things. Anyone tried the Scotty auto trigger cables?

I just installed the auto shut off cables with snubbers. They work perfect.
Has anybody made the switch to braided downrigger cable (line) and doe anyone use chrome sharks on Erie?

I just installed the auto shut off cables with snubbers. They work perfect.
Has anybody made the switch to braided downrigger cable (line) and doe anyone use chrome sharks on Erie?
Did not know they had a auto shut off cable. Were did you get them

Think I might be having a seniors moment. Checked both this am and seems my trigger stops are gone. Suspect when I get this cleaned up all will be good again. I too love these things. Anyone tried the Scotty auto trigger cables?
Join the seniors moment Club am president. I have always been leary of those plastic clips coming off and losing cannon ball etc. When 1st got them i jogged one up not realizing how fast new hd were and lost it

I use 200lb braid and love it. Use 2 seasons then flip around for 2 more. Gonna try those Scotty trigger cables. Baizdown are the ones you bought with tuna chord

I put two stop beads on my just to be sure. The second, emergency, doomsday backup bead has a crimped on one too behind it. I lost a fish hawk probe once and it ain't happening again because a 10 cent plastic clip fell off. Touch wood.

Back