Not sure if Huron county has a bear season but…

rcfire77

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
This bad boy was just SW of our place today and my neighbour saw it in the field and assumed it was a dog but my other neighbour took a picture. Speaks a 1000 words. Once or twice a summer around my place it seems a bear shows up after getting pushed off the peninsula.

Attachments

• IMG_2185.jpeg
    IMG_2185.jpeg
    197 KB · Views: 71
  • Resized_Screenshot_20230613-134547_Messenger.jpeg
    Resized_Screenshot_20230613-134547_Messenger.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 71
Could you be more specific as to location sighting ? My guess is it's a young boar chased away by the larger dominant males ? Also more human activity may scare them away ?

There have been more and more bears coming south. Goderich gets quite a few, all the way down to the occasional one in London! Ive always wondered if the salmon run in the fall brings them down to Goderich and bayfield??

It was north of the Canada company rd and Road 180. 2k south of the hamlet of Walton. That is specific enough to find it. Talking to a guy today and it’s been spotted a few times in the last two weeks between Walton and Seaforth

Back in my days working in Kitchener we had a black bear that was making the rounds of restaurant dumpsters

Only if it’s in self defence as Wmu 85 doesn’t have a bear season on the books

Would they live trap him and bring him out of there if you call the mnr?

Would they live trap him and bring him out of there if you call the mnr?
Nope, just bears doing bear stuff.

The bruce peninsula has a pretty solid population of bears so it is usually the young males that have been making their way south as they get batted around by resident bears. Just natural bear behaviour for them to try to expand their range when there is competition for resources.

I grew up in the north and bears were just a part of life. Don’t leave garbage out for them to get into and they will leave you be. They are way more afraid of you than you are of them. My 18 year old used to play with one when he was growing up and it never bothered him once!

Attachments

• IMG_1304.jpeg
    IMG_1304.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 23
We see bear crap in 82a all the time partridge hunting or deer scouting. I’ve never laid eyes on one though, but get them on the trail cams. Only a one week spring season now. Used to be longer, but apparently peninsula bears are “special” now LOL……. sure they are.

I would agree, he is a juvenile. Compare his ears to the size of his head. If ears looks large for the size of his head = small/juvenile bear. If ears look proportional to his head = average adult. If ears look small for the size of his head = large bear.

Would that be an oat field? My friends further north have taken fall bears eating oats in the field

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks