Off Topic North Erie Marina no more??

Anyone think to get contact info they could share either here or via PM?

Love to know who I am dealing with and how to speak to them.

Like any new business owners, can’t expect everything to stay the same. New business owners likely have more bills than the previous owners, or more expensive bills. Cant blame them for operating the business. If people don’t want to spend the extra $100
I recall a thread on here couple weeks ago someone looking for a slip, because they are ALL spoken for and not just in Port Bruce.

Early last spring before the BS started a pressure treated 2" x 8" x 12' was $23. Last weekend at a box store it was just shy of $39 and garbage quality I wouldn't buy at $23.

Last edited:
Like any new business owners, can’t expect everything to stay the same. New business owners likely have more bills than the previous owners, or more expensive bills. Cant blame them for operating the business. If people don’t want to spend the extra $100
I recall a thread on here couple weeks ago someone looking for a slip, because they are ALL spoken for and not just in Port Bruce.
Considering the hurt our wallets are going to feel this year, $100 is peanuts.

With the price of real estate these days the new owners likely paid a pretty penny. Combine that with pricey upgrades and it’s a no brainer the price must go up.

I’m considering a slip to avoid the hassle of towing and launching/loading wait times. Never done it before. How common are issues with vandalism or theft? What price range would I be looking at?

Considering the hurt our wallets are going to feel this year, $100 is peanuts.

With the price of real estate these days the new owners likely paid a pretty penny. Combine that with pricey upgrades and it’s a no brainer the price must go up.

I’m considering a slip to avoid the hassle of towing and launching/loading wait times. Never done it before. How common are issues with vandalism or theft? What price range would I be looking at?
Personally I have not had an issue in two years.

Just under $900.00 i think, without going to invoices.

Nice to drive up to the boat and go.

Only issue has been peckerheads from further upstream trying to set speed records heading out to the lake.

@ch312 I haven’t had a dock in a long while, but when I did the boat was just fine people around were good people.
I didn’t like the scum on the bottom of the boat at the end of the year.
and I like the flexibility of trailering the boat to whichever Port I want to fish from.
I think you’re looking at like $800-$2000 maybe more depending on if there is hydro and water or not.. and where it’s located.

I spoke with the new owner yesterday. All deposits are good. He was unsure if invoices were going to be sent out, likely said he would collect as your boat went in its slip, new docks are going in on the opposite side of the river and the good news. The price of a dock has gone up 100 bucks. Covid has struck the trees and pushed the price of lumber up, I guess Covid is in the water too..
This only refers to Port Burwell Marina. North Erie Marina in Port Bruce will be sending out invoices and prices are not changing.

@ch312 I haven’t had a dock in a long while, but when I did the boat was just fine people around were good people.
I didn’t like the scum on the bottom of the boat at the end of the year.
and I like the flexibility of trailering the boat to whichever Port I want to fish from.
I think you’re looking at like $800-$2000 maybe more depending on if there is hydro and water or not.. and where it’s located.
I've always done that Derk. I don't like being stuck at one port, I go where the fish are biting. (y)

I looked at slips once I went to the larger Trophy walkaround and am on the waiting list for Erieau, but its a long wait. I also dont like the hull mess with leaving it in the water and being semi-tied to one launch location. Trade offs I guess.
What I have been doing is getting a transient slip in Erieau when I go down for a couple days. Usually easy to get.

From what l understand the marine workshop at North Erie Marina will not reopen. Which is too bad as l always had them do all of my work on my boat. Is there anyone close to Port Bruce that will do work on boats?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks