Off Topic Norfolk ingenuity

I am a commercial truck driver and all I can say is wow why didn’t I think of that LoL ?

So am I, and although I admire his creativity, I am pretty sure he has more than some 'splaining to do. :oops:

I zoomed into 500% on the images and I could only see a single connection, (emerg line) on the nose of the trailer.

I can see numerous issues for charges besides the glaring obvious, it will be interesting to see if the OPP were feeling like lecturing or making an example out of the incident.

I was a commercial truck driver before I got hurt. Now I think we'd all agree, as truck drivers, we've all probably seen some pretty "strange" things out there, as well as some things that are just downright STUPID, but every once in a while, there's that "ok, never saw that before" and this would definitely be up there, you pick the category LOL.

Given how strict they are with commercial drivers, they can't just chalk this up as a "never saw that before" moment, give him a lecture and a ticket and send him on his way. That would send the wrong message wouldn't it especially when something as simple as missing a postal code, or a line indicating change of status, on your logs (if anyone is still using paper logs) can get potentially get you a ticket depending on the inspector.

I showed my wife who also used to drive truck, and she said, THAT is not what they had in mind for one to do as a DIY project :LOL:

Yah now that's what Chevys can do
Dont try this folks. Specially if you dont have a Chevy
Would make a good commercial too
Lol
But seriously WTF was he thinking ?

Come on guys, obviously a farmer. Didn't ya see the slow moving sign on the back doors! They think they can do anything. Probably his daddy showed him 20 years ago only just happened to have a cop in the right place at the right time lol!

The farm plates and slow moving sign doesn't give him a free pass, there's still a great deal to comply with the HTA.

Hopefully the highway trailer was properly converted into a cargo carrying implement.

The farm plates and slow moving sign doesn't give him a free pass, there's still a great deal to comply with the HTA.

Hopefully the highway trailer was properly converted into a cargo carrying implement.
Oh I know, that tow dolly looks like it has been used a little more than once eh! Like I said likely been Doing it for years only just happened to have a cop in the right place at the right time.

At least none of the pin weight was on the truck, it was all on the dolly!

Slow moving sign = a farmer ? Have you not seen an old guy with a slow mover on a mobility scooter? @WinSX3Tom

From the article in my post above.

The man was charged with over-length vehicle and prohibited use of an orange triangle sign indicating a slow moving vehicle, said Sanchuk, who added the trailer was empty and no one was injured.

Apparently you can't just stick that sign on anything, there are some requirements.

He was pulling a Joe dog with a duramax...towing capacity around 12000 not what the author said Joe dog is bumper pull that adds weight to axle on Joe dog not truck.

It ain't the pulling it's the stopping! Mom's Kia could get it going but with no trailer brakes it's a death trap.

He would have been alright had he hooked up the wet line.

New f150s towing capacity is 13 200. I find it hard to believe the brakes will stop 13000 on a half ton

The only problem with that @Wave Runner is there are two sets of chains on the dolly.

The set he IS using, and the set he SHOULD HAVE BEEN USING when pulling a highway trailer. LOL
Would it have made any difference? LOL!! :giggle:
Who knows maybe he just put new brakes on his F150 and wanted to break them in. :eek::banghead:
Merry Christmas @hvyhaul... I can't wait until the great food hits the table!!! ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks