Non slip boat flooring

N8r

Has anyone ripped out their boat carpet and replaced with a non slip flooring? If so what did you use? Did you take it somewhere to have it done?

Thanks

I did the spray in truck bed liner myself in my Wilker. I use a good roller and went in well. Do the prep work and shoukd last a while and you can recoat easily after a year or two easily.

Reactions: N8r
I've personally used marine vinyl. I find it more comfortable on bare foot, but I know a guy or two who used truck bedliner. I actually just used a DIY bedliner kit to coat the outside of the hull of my boat (with 5% reducer) and it came out great... Make sure you prepare everything properly so you dont have to revisit this for a few years

Also I do this myself. As long as you have a sheltered place for the boat so everything can dry/cure, you will save yourself a HEAP of money

I just finished replacing all wood in a smokercraft magnum 142. I did the carpet route years ago and it just held moisture.
This time around I put in exterior grade fir plywood and after it was cut to size I coated all wood with 3 coats of 2 part system 3 S1 clear penetrating epoxy sealer. I used large head aluminum rivets for flooring. Resealed all holes I made.
Flooring I used was:
http://www.outdoorfabricscanada.com/Nautolex-Seaway--Gray-Shark_p_3482.html

I purchased the flooring at Joe Dale custom stitch east of London ( next door to London extreme powersports) I think his website is pier 73. The flooring was in next day.
The original floor was 1/2 inch plywood with carpet. I decided to go 5/8 plywood as the vinyl flooring is thinner and I could run it under live well and seat pedestal.
Lots of work but quote 1800 to 2000 to just do the floor. I also replaced all nonflooring wood with 3/4 exterior fir ..... also treated with epoxy and wrapped in marine vinyl.
Wood: $110
Sealer $104
Flooring $240
Glue $52

Have used marine vinyl(deck vinyl) on a 18 ft. sylvan,wife and I did on a weekend.
,we wrapped the lids etc. glued the floor down ,still going strong ,purchased it in St.Thomas at the home hardware

Back