Fishing Report Niagara Bar Lakers & Salmon

Braggin Rights

Hey folks. Over the course of the past week and a half we filmed a TV show and a YouTube video off of the Niagara Bar. I'm not a troller myself, and Averie is still learning. Thankfully we have some really amazing friends who've given the girls a tonne of great guidance. Below is a video that we filmed a week and a half ago. Shout out to my buddy Paul Castellano, and our good friend and neighbour Mark Pedersen for the tips, and loaning the girls some gear.

We also filmed a TV show with my Dad, before they closed up the ramps. We can't share any of that footage, as it belongs to Bell until the shows go live. But, it was a very similar program to the trip with the girls. We owe a huge THANK YOU to Jimmy Carroll from R&R Outdoors and Jimmy Riggin Charters for the help on this trip. He set Averie up with an entire box of spoons to borrow, told her which ones to use and also lent her a box of crankbaits. Averie and my Dad caught a mix of Lakers and Salmon on the Niagara Bar. Between 25 and 50 FOW. The salmon were definitely more active in the stained water coming out of the Niagara river. Colours were greens and blues, both spoons and cranks worked well.

Hopefully we can get back on the water soon.

Double.jpg

Hey @Braggin Rights , is the video available with Russian subtitles or voiceover? Asking for a comrade...

Youtube does a pretty good job of auto generating closed captions, then you can go into the settings and choose "auto translate" and choose which ever language you like. It might not be perfect, but will definitely help with understanding what's going on. It usually takes a couple of days for the auto generated CC's to happen.. I'll keep an eye on it!

Hey @Braggin Rights ... First of all, very nice movie! I have watched it with a sincere envy - I wish my wife and daughters would like fishing but they don't. I also want to find some sort of camera+HD that films your trip and then you could make cuts/edits - what were you using?

The reference to a Russian comrade was actually for me and that video (thank you @stomp , the sentiment has been taken, appreciated and shared with the KGB :LOL: ), which has me speaking Russian with a mix of important keywords from a few languages and some adrenaline accent. Russian is my mother tongue (I was born in Ukraine) though I thankfully left USSR in 1991 as a teenager and never been there since. So now you know ;). Sadly, the dude's cell phone ran out of memory.

You are Correct Ryan.... More fun than you can imagine Can not believe how Averie has grown up just like a weed. Sure do miss the GTG we used to have and Albert And Myself with the BBQ and all the other great people that Helped out.

Hey @Braggin Rights ... First of all, very nice movie! I have watched it with a sincere envy - I wish my wife and daughters would like fishing but they don't. I also want to find some sort of camera+HD that films your trip and then you could make cuts/edits - what were you using?

The reference to a Russian comrade was actually for me and that video (thank you @stomp , the sentiment has been taken, appreciated and shared with the KGB :LOL: ), which has me speaking Russian with a mix of important keywords from a few languages and some adrenaline accent. Russian is my mother tongue (I was born in Ukraine) though I thankfully left USSR in 1991 as a teenager and never been there since. So now you know ;). Sadly, the dude's cell phone ran out of memory.

Well... my wife isn't much of an angler. She gets really seasick and can't even do a kayak in the harbour without throwing up everywhere! lol But the girls love it.

With regards to the camera gear, I actually own a small video/film production company that operates out of Port Rowan. So the camera I'm using to film Ave's YouTube vids is major overkill! The camera and lenses run me in and around 45K. The cameras mounted to the stern though are GoPros... which work great for the most part. And we use Rode Wireless Go 2 mics for sound. A good DSLR could do the trick also, something in the Sony lineup with good auto focus and a compatible lens. Don't ever be shy to him me up with a PM for video advice. I'm always happy to help on that front.

You are Correct Ryan.... More fun than you can imagine Can not believe how Averie has grown up just like a weed. Sure do miss the GTG we used to have and Albert And Myself with the BBQ and all the other great people that Helped out.
Yeah we miss the Fish-a-Thon as well. When I left my job to start this business it was just too much for us as a family to do it right. Now with the kids being busy with all that they do it would be tough. We're trying to help Averie with this project and have shifted our focus to helping her inspire other kids to get out on the water. We're hoping to run another kids derby this fall. Last year covid messed it up for us.
I have a hard time getting fired up for lakers but kings on the other hand👍
haha yeah I hear ya. Greasers definitely help fill the gap, and the girls don't care what they're catching.
That is the most awesome video ever!
Thanks Fizbot.. really means a lot dude!

Hey folks. Over the course of the past week and a half we filmed a TV show and a YouTube video off of the Niagara Bar. I'm not a troller myself, and Averie is still learning. Thankfully we have some really amazing friends who've given the girls a tonne of great guidance. Below is a video that we filmed a week and a half ago. Shout out to my buddy Paul Castellano, and our good friend and neighbour Mark Pedersen for the tips, and loaning the girls some gear.

We also filmed a TV show with my Dad, before they closed up the ramps. We can't share any of that footage, as it belongs to Bell until the shows go live. But, it was a very similar program to the trip with the girls. We owe a huge THANK YOU to Jimmy Carroll from R&R Outdoors and Jimmy Riggin Charters for the help on this trip. He set Averie up with an entire box of spoons to borrow, told her which ones to use and also lent her a box of crankbaits. Averie and my Dad caught a mix of Lakers and Salmon on the Niagara Bar. Between 25 and 50 FOW. The salmon were definitely more active in the stained water coming out of the Niagara river. Colours were greens and blues, both spoons and cranks worked well.

Hopefully we can get back on the water soon.

View attachment 40583
Great kids. A lifetime of fishing for them for sure. She is a great hostess. Keep up the fantastic work. 😁

Hi vmuravin; ....I use a GOPRO Hero # 5 camera when I make a video. You can shoot in HD. 4K, Fish eye, Edit, make cuts ,snips...Etc. You film for up to 2hours. Stop and start with one push of a button...You can also film underwater to 30 feet without any cover on it.....Great Camera....I have a couple of videos on UTUBE, out of PORT BURWELL. Larry Chomiak on UTUBE

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks