new to hunting

hondarancher

Just getting back into duck hunting with my son. I have been told it is legal to hunt the bay. Just put anchor down and throw decoys out? Is this true? Also never hunting long point duck blinds are there blinds you can walk to or do you need a boat. Thank you

hey..you cant just hunt anywhere in the bay there is a rule i believe its 300 meters off shore or posting..could be wrong on distance ..there is a line from the tip of turkey point to the creek at pottahawk on the inner bay side ..you can hunt anywhere out past that line

There are areas that are posted where you can't hunt (Long Point Company , Canada Wildlife, Crown Marsh -LPWA , Smith's Marsh) and of course not more than 300 meters from shore anywhere inside the Bay (check regs for exact description of where 300 meter rule does not apply).So basically there are very few places to legally hunt -north shore line,Little Rice Bay and parts of Big Rice Bay and that is it .You can rent blinds from the LPWA at the Park office for $20.00 per person per day and that includes several walk-out blinds .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks